Do you aspire to enhance the lives of others while enjoying a positive work environment?
Wesley Enhanced Living (WEL) is dedicated to making a compelling difference in the lives of our residents through providing excellence and innovation in aging services. If you are looking for an inspiring and rewarding workplace, Wesley Enhanced Living is a great place to be!
Wesley Enhanced Living is a retirement community providing Independent Living, Personal Care, and Skilled Nursing services to senior adults. We are seeking individuals whose values align with Wesley Enhanced Living's values of Grace, Honor, and Integrity. Ideal candidates will be:
* Kind and Compassionate
* Honest and Trustworthy
* Committed to Moral and Ethical Principles
* Driven to Provide Enhanced Living to Our Residents
Wesley Enhanced Living is working to set a new paradigm in aging services by always doing the right thing and we need YOU to help us discover new ways to achieve this goal.
Discover the Art of Living and Working WEL
The Wellness Nurse, LPN is responsible for strategic leadership, program development and implementation, and overall administration of Personal Care Services in accordance with community and resident needs, government regulations, projected industry changes, and WEL policies and procedures.
Wellness Nurse, LPN Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Develops both long term and short term strategic plans to ensure overall growth and development of Wellness Services within Wesley Enhanced Living
* Maintains and updates knowledge of prospective changes within the Personal Care/Assisted Living industry both within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and throughout the United States.
* Takes an active role in local and regional Senior Services professional Associations.
* Provides on-going and timely communication on resident status with families and/or resident support systems to promote positive and informed relationships.
* Establishes outreach and education efforts throughout the community to promote a better understanding of Wellness services.
* Establishes outreach efforts in local colleges and secondary schools to develop opportunities to promote employment opportunities within Wesley Enhanced Living.
* Directs the clinical operations and supervisory activities clinical staff, evaluates adherence to performance standards.
* Develops a schedule of staff educational opportunities including in-services, equipment/technology training, continuing education, and membership and/or certification in Aging and Geriatrics.
* As Lead Nurse ensure that staff is provided with developmental assignments and opportunities for professional growth.
* Maintains confidentiality of all resident and staff personal or health information.
* Visits new residents upon taking residency in the independent community to familiarize resident with available services, emergency procedures and to review resident emergency information on file.
* Reviews emergency calls responded to by the Health Services Department personnel/security and to provide appropriate follow up.
* Works with Marketing Staff to evaluate the prospective resident's medical record and assess each resident for admission to Pennypack Park.
* Reviews residents returning from the hospital or Health Care Center to review discharge instructions, to assist in the coordination of Personal Care Services if necessary and to provide recommendations for services and/or care to the resident or family.
* Heads up the IL/PC resident review committee.
* Identifies changes in a resident's condition and the ability to manage in the residential community, and to initiate appropriate intervention.
* Communicates concerns or problems regarding a resident to the physician, family and administration when applicable.
* Work in consultation with the Personal Care Administrator and coordinate a monthly educational program for residents to include relevant current topics, preventative care, senior health issues and the aging process.
* Instructs residents on medication, treatment, or procedures as ordered by a physician.
* Assist residents in coordinating lab services or diagnostic tests as ordered by a physician.
* Maintain a place on admissions team to assist with review of potential residents and their medical status to assure medical suitability.
* Attend continuing education programs in the nursing and geriatric field.
* Identify unsafe conditions and initiate immediate corrective measures.
* Maintain a current professional nursing license with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
* Maintains the confidentiality required by the position.
* Doctor's office coordination.
* Wellness Program development.
* Administer PPD's (both new hire and annual).
* Chart building and verification.
* Medical assessments for both Independent Living and Personal Care new and existing residents.
* Performs other duties as assigned
Related Experience: 1 year previous experience as an LPN in a Continuing Care Facility, Long Term Care Facility, or Rehabilitation Facility preferred. Knowledge of current Pennsylvania Personal Care regulations as well as proposed Pennsylvania DPW changes to Personal Care/Assisted Living models
Education or Degree Requirements: Minimum BS in Health Care Administration, Human Services, Registered Nursing or related field with Masters level degree in related field strongly preferred.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations: LPN
Equal Opportunity Employer