* Delivers patient prescriptions in a hospital system setting and records sale upon return to the store. Suggests Walgreens products and services to hospital patients when appropriate. * Achieves company set targeted prescription sales goals to help drive bottom-line growth for the business. * In accordance with state and federal regulations, assists the pharmacist, under direct supervision, in the practice of pharmacy. Assists the pharmacist in the performance of other Pharmacy Department duties in accordance with Company policies and procedures. * Responsible for operating pharmacy systems to obtain patient and drug information and process prescriptions. Assists with and coaches pharmacy technicians in the operation of pharmacy systems and cashiers in the operation of the pharmacy cash registers. * Models and delivers a distinctive and delightful customer experience.
* Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues and answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience. * Models and shares customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g., offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until satisfied, etc.). * Develops strong relationships with most valuable customers, and builds relationship with case managers, nurses and other hospital staff members.
* Under the supervision by the pharmacist, assist in the practice of pharmacy, in accordance with state, federal, and company policy. Reviews and complies with the Walgreen Co. Pharmacy Code of Conduct. * Performs duties as assigned by Pharmacy Manager, Staff Pharmacist and Store Manager including utilizing pharmacy systems to enter patient and drug information, ensuring information is entered correctly, filling prescriptions by retrieving, counting and pouring pharmaceutical drugs, verifying medicine is correct, and checking for possible interactions. Assists pharmacists in scheduling and maintaining work flow. * Reports, immediately, prescription errors to pharmacist on duty and adheres to Company policies and procedures in relation to pharmacy errors and the Quality Improvement Program. * Strictly adheres to the Walgreen Co. policy regarding Good Faith Dispensing during all applicable prescription dispensing activities. * Responsible and accountable for registering all related sales on assigned cash register, collects and handles cash as required. Takes customer to OTC aisle when possible to assist in locating products. * Handles telephone calls that do not require personal attention of the pharmacist, including those to physicians. * Processes (corrects and resubmits) manual claims for third party program prescription services in a timely and efficient manner, and performs other clerical duties, as assigned by the Pharmacy Manager. * Assists and supports Pharmacy Department on inventory management activities, such as, ordering, unpacking, checking and storing shipment of pharmaceuticals. Maintains knowledge of Company asset protection techniques, and files claims for warehouse overages (merchandise received, but not billed), shortages (merchandise billed, but not received), order errors or damaged goods involving Rx drugs. * Assists Pharmacy Manager and Staff Pharmacist in developing and maintaining good relationships with the local medical community, including physicians, nurses, and other health care providers, by medical provider detailing and outreach to health groups, retirement homes, nursing homes, and other forums for enhancing growth opportunities. * Assists with exterior and interior maintenance by ensuring the Pharmacy Department is stocked with adequate supplies, clean, neat and orderly in condition and appearance. * Delivers prescriptions and interacts with patients within a hospital system setting. Connects the patient to the retail store pharmacist via telephone to complete the consultation. Translates patient interactions into bottom-line script growth for the company. * Communicates to manager and maintains on route documentation for any questions, concerns or complaints from patients or hospital staff. * Documents all information necessary to process paperwork (i.e., delivery receipts, customer identification numbers, etc.) Collects and records forms received, and submits receipts for expenditures daily. * Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains respectful relationships with coworkers. * Completes special assignments and other tasks as assigned.
Training & Personal Development
* Maintains PTCB certification through the designated PTCB training program and/or state required certification/registration. * Attends training and completes PPLs requested by Manager and acquires continuing education credits. * Maintains knowledge and skill in healthcare and pharmacy, including latest news and developments.
* At least three months experience working in a sales environment that required meeting a defined sales goal or at least three months experience promoting/selling Healthcare or wellness programs. * Three months previous work experience as a technician in a retail or hospital setting. * PTCB certification * Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to develop relationships, complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary. * Valid driver's license. * Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English. (Except in Puerto Rico) * Requires willingness to work flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours.
* Prefer six months of experience in a retail environment. * Prefer to have prior work experience with Walgreens. * Prefer good math skills so they can fill prescriptions accurately, including counting, measuring and weighing medications. * Prefer good computer skills. * Prefer the knowledge of store inventory control.