CLINICAL NURSE SPECIALIST , PSYCHIATRY
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Loading some great jobs for you...
Join Harborview Medical Center's outstanding teams as:
Clinical Nurse Specialist, Psychiatry.
Under the oversight of the Director of Professional Development and Nursing Excellence, and with input from the Assistant Administrator for Inpatient Psychiatry, will provide education to inpatient or non-behavioral health clinic nursing staff for behaviorally challenging patients situations, de-escalation and ongoing psychiatry training needs. The Psychiatry CNS will coordinate educational offerings based on the assessed learning needs of the staff. Education will include, but not be limited to real-time coaching, classroom didactics and simulated learning opportunities. The CNS will participate in data collection and research, and perform care plan coordination as needed for patients with Behavioral Health needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to coordinate information gathering and dissemination within a complex administrative system
• Ability to lead multidisciplinary implementation projects
• Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively across interdisciplinary teams
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently within teams and independently, strong interpersonal skills
Behavioral Health Education
• Coordinate ongoing education for psychiatry and acute care staff in behavioral health practices
• Serves as a behavioral health resource for inpatient medical surgical units at Harborview Medical Center.
• Coordinates development of behavioral health educational materials for patients and staff, and facilitates training of staff in behavioral health practices.
• Provides direct support of staff, patients, and families in education and care continuum needs related to behavioral health
• Assess needs of the staff and provide educational offerings including but not limited to psychiatric core, de-escalation training and ongoing behavioral health education
• Functions as a liaison with the psychiatry consult team and the inpatient primary team and nursing staff
• Assist in the development of training programs and provide training for nurses, mental health practitioners and providers who care for patients with Behavioral Health needs.
• Coordinate educational opportunities for multiple disciplines; physician, nursing, and support staff
• Coordinate Behavioral Health Education across the UW system as requested.
• Provide consultation to other Mental Health Practitioners and nurses as needed.
Healthcare Team Development and Education
• Collaborates with PCS Clinical Education Department to develop behavioral health education for staff.
• Aligns self with other CNSs to ensure coordination and collaboration of educational initiatives directed at staff/faculty outside of PCS.
• Promotes and supports a high functioning environment that fosters continual learning and professional development.
• Utilizes innovative methods to teach, communicate, and disseminate behavioral health practices to improve patient safety and clinical outcomes.
• Utilizes principles of Continuous Quality Improvement to identify areas for system improvement in behavioral health practices and patient safety.
• Consults and collaborates with members of the healthcare team on unit and service initiatives related to behavioral health and patient safety.
• Establishes effective work priorities, methods and project flow
• Meets deadlines, project goals, and follows up on staff/clinical/customer satisfaction issues in a timely manner.
• Maintains accessibility, response and follow through to off shift and weekend staff
• Assumes responsibility for own professional learning needs including attendance at relevant educational offerings, completion of annual evaluation, annual competencies, and maintenance of expert behavioral health and clinical knowledge base.
• Demonstrates ability to consider the impact of decisions and actions on the overall organizational mission and goals
• Models ethical conduct, service standards, confidentiality and service excellence in day to day practice
• Is open to constructive feedback and integrates recommendations into practice.
• Initiates, responds to and participates in organizational changes in a constructive, supportive manner.
Loading some great jobs for you...