- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- $47,070.00 -61,740.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
316 Mountain Ave
This is a full-time Home Health RN position covering Blair county. Mileage reimbursement is provided at 54 cents per mile.
Are you a compassionate RN looking to make a difference with your career? Are you interested in a position that offers flexible hours and scheduling options? If so, you might be a great fit on our team! We're looking for experienced Registered Nurse to travel throughout Blair county and provide excellent in-home care.
This position is eligible for a generous sign-on bonus of $5,000.
The Professional Staff Nurse is responsible for the delivery of skilled nursing services to patients in their homes according to the physician's plan of care, agency policies and procedures, fiscal intermediaries, regulatory agencies and bodies and within recognized standards of nursing practice. Must possess the ability to assess and interpret patient data needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to the population served.
* Attend compliance training and adhere to the organization standards of conduct, policies and procedures.
* Coordinates case management activities within a multi disciplinary health care team to insure appropriate delivery of services to patient. Initiates, coordinates and insures ongoing communication with the physician and other members of the health care team.
* Attends and participates in patient care conferences, team meetings and other related meetings.
* Performs duties and job responsibilities in a fashion which coincides with the service management philosophy of UPMC Home Health Care towards patients, visitors, staff, peers, physicians and other departments within the organization.
* Identifies, develops and participates in process improvement opportunities within the home health agency that will enhance the quality of the services we provide.
* Focuses on customer service and continually strives to perform the duties of their job in a manner that will result in optimal patient satisfaction.
* Assigns other nursing personnel, including LPNs and Aides to assist in the appropriate delivery of services as ordered on the plan of care to the patient. Supervises and teaches other nursing personnel including LPNs and Home Health Aides.
* Identifies, investigates and recommends solutions to organization issues.
* Identifies any deficits or exceptional performance issues of other nursing personnel, LPNs and Aides, and recommends solutions. Proven ability to facilitate change.
* Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes and adjusts nursing care process as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
* Initiates, coordinates and evaluates patient and family centered health teaching.
* Establishes the plan of care in collaboration with the physician, patient and UM Professional in accordance with the physician orders and patient needs.
* Advises and consults with family and other agency personnel, as appropriate.
* Completes documentation including visit assessment, OASIS, 485 and Verbal Orders accurately and promptly on the laptop device or in written documentation while in the patient's home and within the agency's and regulatory standards.
* Data syncs (transmits) information same day.
* Exercise independent judgment in matters concerning emergent and non-emergent patient care needs and communicate with the physician Participates in on-call coverage rotation for the agency
* Graduate of an accredit school of professional nursing required.
* Bachelors degree preferred.
* UPMC Home Health Care approved certification preferred.
* Minimum of 6 months of nursing experience in an Acute Care Facility or Skilled Care Facility
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC approved national certification preferred. Current Pennsylvania licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse. CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
* Act 33 Child Clearance
* Act 34 Criminal Clearance
* Automotive Insurance
* Basic Life Support or Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
* Driver's License
* Older Adult Protective Services Act
* Registered Nurse
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Associated topics: lead, licensed, licensed vocational nurse, med, med surg, nurse i, nurse ii, nurse lpn, nurses, vocational
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...