- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- $125,000.00 -49,390.00/year*
Healthcare - Allied Health
316 Mountain Ave
Mainline Medical Associates is looking for a Medical Assistant! This is a Full-Time position with up to 40 hours per week. Hours range Monday - Friday between 8:00am - 6:00pm. This position will be responsible for rooming patients, obtaining vitals, administering injections, etc. Experience performing phlebotomy is preferred!
Assist physicians with various aspects of patient care (including clerical, environmental, and organizational tasks) ensuring patient satisfaction.
* Answering calls and providing pertinent information including patient education as directed.
* Check schedules and organizing patient flow. Accompany patients to exam/procedure room. Assist patients as needed with walking, transfers, dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for exam, etc. Collect patient information/history; taking vitals, performing screenings per provider guidelines. Relay instructions to patients/families.
* Comply with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, CLIA, PA Department of Health). Maintain strict confidentiality related to medical records and other data. Comply with all UPMC Health System policies and procedures.
* Obtain lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc. Complete forms/requisitions as needed. Schedule appointments. Verify insurance coverage and patient demographics. Prepare and managing charts to ensure information completed and filed appropriately. Other front office responsibilities, as required.
* Perform phlebotomy, EKG's, and level one labs. Perform clinic procedures according to policy and procedure. Assist physicians with procedures. Document patient information into the medical record.
* Prepare patient rooms, set up instruments and equipment according to department protocol. Clean exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control. Clean according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping appropriate records. Manage inventory of supplies; restocking exam/procedure rooms.
* Send/receive patient medical records in accordance with Health Insurance. Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other state and federal regulations.
Applicants will be placed in the appropriate job title and salary from the Medical Assistant Career Ladder, based on their individual experience and education.
* High school diploma or equivalent is required.
* Successful completion of Medical Assistant program preferred or equivalent hospital program or minimum of one year of direct patient care experience.
* Must have basic computer skills and knowledge of medical terminology, examination, diagnostic and treatment room responsibilities.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
* Act 31 Clearance
* Act 33 Child Clearance with Renewal
* Act 34 Criminal Clearance with Renewal
* Act 73 FBI Clearance
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support or Basic Life Support or Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Associated topics: care physician, clinic, family medicine, family practice physician, nocturnist, outpatient, physician, practice, practitioner, urgent care
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...