- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- $51,530.00 -72,960.00/year*
Healthcare - Allied Health
316 Mountain Ave
The Behavioral Health Therapist I will work with the Center for Counseling Outpatient Program and their seasoned clinicians to provide clinical treatment services for a broad range of behavioral and mental health concerns target towards children and adolescents. This program serves all major school districts and the CCHC Lakemont facility in Blair County.
This position is mostly daytime shifts with occasional evenings based upon population need. The ideal hire will have over (1) year of clinical experience and has passed examination required by 49.11 relating to licensure and is working towards completing supervision to attain LPC, LCSW, or LMFT. Strong preference to those who are currently a licensed LPC, LCSW or LMFT. The starting rate for this position is $17.86, prior to crediting for applicable experience.
* Assesses changing needs of patients per guidelines for outpatient and/or partial hospitalization programs, and incorporates these into treatment plan and treatment plan review.
* Completes clinical documentation on the same day of service delivery and provides clinical information to patient access representative personnel and insurance providers to ensure authorization for services.
* Creates a treatment plan that includes an effective continuum of therapeutic, supportive and other services for the patients a variety and complexity of needs serviced by the program.
* Discusses need for additional services with the clinical team to determine appropriateness of recommendations. Refers patients to other levels of care, community based self-help programs for recovery or other community social or human services as needed.
* Documents all assessments, treatment sessions, contacts, case management and other work done on behalf of patients according to guidelines.
* Maintains daily records of clinical productivity in the program as instructed.
* Participates in regular treatment team meetings to discuss clinical cases, review and update patient treatment plans, monitor therapeutic progress and initiate recommendations for referral and continuing care.
* Participates in the quality assurance and performance improvement activities of the program.
* Provides individual and group therapy to patients in the program and engages families in the assessment and treatment processes when indicated. Provides education to patients on recovery.
* Reviews cases and/or groups periodically, as well as serious clinical patient condition changes with supervisor and other clinical personnel as indicated.
* Under direct supervision, conducts assessments of new patients using the identified format for documentation and clinical decisions regarding treatment, interventions and referrals, as instructed. Implements, improves, and adapts concepts, models, and constructs of treatment for application in service delivery to patients.
* Masters Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, Education in school counseling, or related field required. (Successfully completed the educational requirements as defined in PA code Chapter 49.1/49.2, 2)
* One year of clinical experience preferred.
* Knowledge of psychiatric evaluation and assessment process, as well as application of current version of the DSM preferred.
* Experience in diagnosing and treating behavioral and psychiatric conditions preferred.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Passed the examination required by 49.11. relating to licensure examination Must sign a license agreement and be actively working to obtain the Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Social Work (LCSW), or Licensed Family Marriage Therapist (LMFT) within 30 months of hire.
* Act 31 Clearance
* Act 33 Child Clearance with Renewal
* Act 34 Criminal Clearance with Renewal
* Act 73 FBI Clearance
* Older Adult Protective Services Act
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Associated topics: adult, advocate, casework, domestic, family, lcsw, lmsw, mental health, outpatient, youth
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...