Clinical Director of Operations Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner
Compensation: $105,360.00 - $158,170.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
What makes your clinical career greater with Prospero Health (a UnitedHealth Group affiliate)? You can improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You can work with in an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
Positions in Prospero Health are part of an interdisciplinary care team of palliative care providers to support patients facing serious illness, including their families and care givers.
Positions in this function are part of an interdisciplinary care team of palliative care providers to support patients facing serious illness, including their families and care givers. The Clinical Director of Operations (CD) primary responsibility is to align business growth and expansion goals with programmatic operations within the assigned market, provide strategic leadership and administrative and clinical oversight of the markets palliative care team. The CD and seasoned leader with a high degree of emotional intelligence, works well across cultures, is inclusive in decision-making, and effective at leading through change.
This position will require frequent travel between Philadelphia and NJ markets.
- Responsible for the development of market specific strategic goals in collaboration with the RVP and to turn those goals into specific operating and business plans that are executed at the assigned market level
- Provide leadership, direction and skill development to direct reports (Clinical Services Managers, Registered Nurses, Advance Practice Nurses, Social Workers and administrative staff)
- Responsible for setting, modeling company culture by exemplifying the mission, vision and values
- Ensure market operational and financial performance including market budget by ensuring appropriate prioritization of initiatives, develop and implement process and operational improvement initiatives and good personnel management that results in outcomes that meet and where possible exceed all performance and financial goals
- Work with implementation teams to implement and execute on the expansion of interdisciplinary palliative care business into existing market
- Develop collaborative relationship with VP Operations to focus on maximizing outcomes and results by leveraging best practices across markets / regions to ensure optimum performance
- Through the local clinical teams, and with the collaboration with the RVP and national leadership, provide for the appropriate coordination and delivery of palliative care services within the contractual health plan requirements
- Establish and foster relationships with key health plans, hospitals, long - term care facilities, hospices, home health agencies, Area Aging Agencies, and other pertinent partners
- Build trust and confidence with local providers, state regulators, and customers by promoting a positive image of the palliative care business
- Work with operations reporting and healthcare economics teams to understand clinical and operational outcomes, medical expense drivers and create plans to improve patient care, reduce waste and increase the affordability of our products
- Conduct quarterly employee performance review and annual performance and compensation review with direct reports
- Ensure regulatory compliance within assigned market
- Other duties as assigned
- Administrative and leadership experience (5+ years) working with patients with individuals with serious or complex illness
- 5+ years experience in program execution and staff management
- Comfortable with documenting in electronic medical records, and utilizing electronic data and reports to improve patient performance
- Current, unrestricted RN or NP license in the state of service, or ability to obtain
- Positions in this function require license and certification as Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, or Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Prior management and / or supervisory experience of multiple direct reports
- Strong business acumen including analysis, business planning, and budgetary expense management experience
- Proven experience in developing and sustaining internal and external client relationships with healthcare professionals
- Able to develop excellent professional relationships; strong communication skills
- Must be able to function independently and have good decision - making skills
- Previous P&L or substantial budgetary experience required
- Demonstrated ability to execute on short and long - term growth and profitability targets
- Advanced critical thinking skills and experience in strategic planning and development
- Certification as a GNP, ANP or FNP
- National Certification through ANCC or AANP
- Experience in the delivery of palliative care is preferred (HPNA / HPCC Certification)
- Bilingual or multilingual fluency, including the ability to read, write and speak
- Cultural competency / understanding of our target population
- Experience launching or implementing a new program / product or new market expansion
- Previous hospital, palliative care, hospice or other clinical executive leadership experience highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of the region and sound relationships with health systems
Careers with Prospero Health. Here's the idea. UnitedHealth Group has built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Prospero Health, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Prospero Health, incredible passion to serve together with the best tools and resources to help our patients live their best life now.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Associated topics: advanced, associate, bilingual, certified nursing assistant, cnm, english, gerontological nurse practitioner, np, nursing assistant cna, prn
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...