Charge Registered Nurse Post Surgical Unit
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Loading some great jobs for you...
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just anotheremployee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusionthrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be apart of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognitionprograms encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Charge Registered Nurse (RN)to join our family. Come be apart of the change!
We offer you anexcellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellentbenefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and yourability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employeediscount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment.We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Charge Nurse (RN) - Post Surgical Unit - Shift: 7P-7A(Rotating Weekends)
The Woman's Hospital of Texas opened in 1976 and ever since has remained the state's premier facility dedicated solely to the health of women and newborn infants.
Located near the Texas Medical Center, Woman’s offers 397 licensed beds, including a NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) and a full range of women’s health services and newborn infants.
More than 650 board-certified physicians at Woman's offer their expertise and an outstanding level of quality care in the areas of gynecology, obstetrical care, high-risk pregnancy and minimally invasive surgery.
The Woman’s Hospital of Texas is currently looking for a Charge Nurse (RN) – Post Surgical Unit.
What you will do in this role:
- Under the general supervision of the Post Surgical Nurse Manager and the Director of the Post Surgical Unit, the Post Surgical Charge Nurse is responsible for assisting the Nurse Manager in providing nursing leadership to the nursing unit.
- Provides feedback to the Nurse Manager and Director of the Post Surgical Unit regarding patient care, budgetary, and strategic planning opportunities for improvement.
- Demonstrates an advanced level of clinical skills and the ability to support others to achieve the delivery of quality care.
- Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence, personal and professional growth. Demonstrates interpersonal skills and competency in leadership, supervision and management of staff.
- Demonstrates awareness of the unique position and method of dealing with customers.
- Participates in establishing, maintaining, and improving patient’s health care goals through patient assessment, planning and implementation of nursing interventions and evaluation of patient outcomes. This includes PI projects, core measures, and all quality initiatives.
- Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities on the unit and with other service areas.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness.
- Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
- Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual (coworkers and patients), unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
- Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, business office, and medical records) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
- Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
- Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the unit.
- To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and practice ethically and with integrity.
- Other duties as assigned
What qualifications you will need:
- Current RN license in Texas
- BLS issued by the American Heart Association, required.
- ACLS issued by the American Heart Association, strongly preferred.
- Two years Charge RN experience
HCA Healthcareranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive yearsand HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA asone of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition ofexcellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. Wepromptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hearfrom one of our recruiters. We are activelyinterviewing so apply today!
We are an equalopportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminateon the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexualorientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Loading some great jobs for you...