Compensation: $85,510.00 - $120,820.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
Loading some great jobs for you...
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF DEPARTMENT
The primary function of the MH Partial Hospitalization Department is to provide a non-residential treatment modality for adults with moderate to severe mental or emotional disorders, with or without a substance abuse problem. This includes psychiatric, psychological and social elements under psychiatric supervision. This is done in accordance with the Agency s Vision, Mission and Values as well as regulations set by the Allegheny County Office of Behavior Health, the State of Pennsylvania and HIPAA.PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to function as a team member with other Partial staff in providing services to adults with moderate to severe mental or emotional disorders, and to do so in a professional, efficient manner. Ability
to respond calmly and professionally while dealing with individual consumer concerns is essential to this position. Ability to complete chart work in a timely, efficient and accurate manner is essential to this position. Ability to supervise interns and other clinical staff is essential to this position.WORK SCHEDULE
The normal work week for this position is 37.5 hours each week. Hours determined by director to meet the needs of the consumers and the program.DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
OTHER POSITION CHARACTERISTICS
- Maintain caseload of Partial consumers assigned by supervisor, in accordance with State, County and Federal regulations.
- Leads and/or participates in interdisciplinary treatment team to serve consumers and their recovery needs in a professional manner.
- Complete daily required documentation the same day; service plans within five days of client s admission to program and reviewed/updated per regulations/policies. Secure consumer signatures with dates on all documents in accordance with policies.
- Ensure all assessments and notes document medical necessity for treatment per regulations.
- Address clinical supervision feedback in documentation immediately.
- Submit time sheets by Friday following payday. Submit expense vouchers monthly.
- Conduct individual therapy sessions for Partial Hospitalization consumers at least weekly.
- Facilitate group therapy sessions to address consumers and programs needs in accordance with requirements. Prepare for group sessions with appropriate research and utilization of group materials.
- Ensure that consumer insurance is accurate at all time so billing can be done without error.
- Receive referrals to DAS and APH Program(s) and make clinical decision on acceptance of referrals.
- Complete and submit referrals for additional needed services timely to appropriate agency/department.
- Complete appropriate initial authorizations for managed care companies and work with support staff to ensure information is available for continued stay reviews.
- Complete documentation as necessary for State, County, and Federal and managed care audits. This includes appropriate correction of any errors and completion of paperwork and electronic record.
- Attend team staffing with psychiatrist and staff meetings.
- Participate in on-call rotation for 24 hour coverage of after-hours DAS referrals. Carry cell phone during on-call rotation and respond in a timely manner.
- Complete all required trainings on time.
- Duty to act and communicate in a timely and professional manner to ensure coordination of care, in accordance with all regulations and the Agency s Mission, Vision and Values.
: ACCURACY REQUIRED IN WORK
Accuracy in written work is essential in maintaining continuity of care and quality of treatment provided as well as meeting County, State and Federal regulations for program operation. Accuracy in Qualifacts documentation, including spelling and grammar, is essential.CONSEQUENCE OF ERROR
Failure to complete adequate and timely documentation can impact licensing of the program and result in loss of funding by third party payers. Failure to communicate medication changes to appropriate DAS staff can result in less effective treatment for consumers. Failure to use best practices when dealing with consumers can result in less effective treat-ment for consumers.VARIETY AND PURPOSE OF POSITION CONTACTS
Be able to effectively communicate well with co-workers, consumers, and consumer family members, team members from other agencies, pharmaceutical representatives and Agency administrative personnel.PHYSICAL EFFORT
Physical effort for this position will require clear speech, hearing, walking, writing, reading, typing, manual dexterity to open and close drawers, carrying charts and group materials, and reading and writing comprehension. Ability to lift objects up to 50 pounds. Ability to drive agency vehicle, if necessary.WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
May be exposed to communicable diseases. Professional office environment. May need to visit other sites for meetings/ training purposes.MACHINES, TOOLS, INSTRUMENTS, EQUIPMENT AND MATERIALS USED
Computer, fax machine, copy machine, cell phone, pager, telephone.SAFETY FOR OTHERS
This individual is required to use good judgment as many decisions are made which will impact the safety of individuals, staff, and consumers and could defuse a potentially serious situation. All unsafe conditions must be reported to a supervisor or member of the safety committee.Qualifications
Knowledge of group dynamics and interpersonal skills necessary; ability to navigate Qualifacts documentation system; knowledge of crisis intervention skills necessary; ability to use critical thinking and problem solving skills to address acuity of client needs; knowledge of universal precautions; ability to set appropriate therapeutic boundaries, and to follow all Agency rules, regulations and procedures; proficient computer skills; ability to make all decisions within the guide of the Agency s Mission, Vision and Values.REQUIRED MINIMUM TRAINING
Master s Degree in Social Work. LCSW preferred. Knowledge of individual and group techniques. Knowledge of MISA treatment. Credentialed with Medicare, commercial insurances, CCBHADDITIONAL TRAINING EXPERIENCE
Some experience working with adults with moderate to severe mental health and substance abuse issues.CONTINUED TRAINING, LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY AGENCY, STATE AND/OR REGULATION:
* Complete new hire training within first six months
* HIPAA, annually
Compliance Plan, annually
* Confidentiality, annually
* Bloodborne Pathogens/Universal Precautions, annually
* Maintain current licensure status
* All required Clearances
* Valid PA Driver s License and ability to drive preferred
* Maintain CPR/First Aid Certification
* Comprehensive Crisis Management Training Annually
* Minimum 12 hours continued education in the area of mental health
and/or substance abuse treatment
Associated topics: activity therapist, clinician, lactation, lactation consultant, mhlb physical, physical, physical therapist, physical therapy, therapist outpatient, therapist physical
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...