Medical Science Liaison, Hematology
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Primary Role Purpose
The role exists to exchange/disseminate peer to peer medical and scientific information with healthcare professionals and external stakeholders. The incumbent is responsible for being well-informed on therapeutic areas, up to date on major studies both ongoing and completed, competitive product information and clinical data pertaining to our therapies. He/she will be well placed to provide proactive field-based medical support to the commercial teams. The role will be required to spend 80% of the time in the field, and be located in the region, providing support to external stakeholders such as health care professionals, Key Opinion Leaders etc. The remaining 20% of the role will be dedicated to providing internal support such as working with colleagues and internal teams. Additionally, the role-holder is required to have a full understanding of marketing objectives and the commercial focus of the franchises to support those plans.
Job Duty and Description
- Shares medical information with regional KOLs and other customers. Shares high level educational scientific information and clinical guidelines.
- Collaborates in setting up of HTC as well enhancements of Standard of Care at a regional level.
- Identifies and implements medical initiatives for development of new & existing products.
- Creates and delivers presentation of new information on our products.
- Provides medical/scientific support to Area Sales Managers and sales teams at large.
- Builds and maintains advanced disease, product & therapy knowledge with other relevant key stakeholders.
- Schedules meetings with Health Care professionals interested in engaging in scientific discussions.
- Provides field-based medical information/education to physicians.
- Delivers balanced, fair non-promotional presentations related with advances in disease knowledge, diagnosis and treatment of competitor as well as own products.
- Brings in investigator-initiated studies to Medical Affairs. Follow through with investigators up to publication / presentation.
- Provides support on site identification. Serves as scientific support for product studies.
- Leads Medical efforts towards conducting Congresses, Symposia and Meetings.
- Collaborates, when requested, in the coordination of information pre-events and summaries post-events. Attends congresses & symposia. Reports on the events.
- Represents the Medical Department at Medical Congresses and Conventions, manning medical education booths.
- Monitors and facilitates pre-Congress abstract submissions to the local Medical affairs Department, attends poster sessions and oral presentations.
- Assists in CME program development, organization and delivery and participates in scientific committees.
- Assists in Advisory Board activities, including Specialty Advisory Boards, national and regional Advisory Boards and others.
- Participates and manages Local Scientific Advisory Boards: Ongoing studies/Future studies/Areas of research/Emerging trends/Therapeutic guidelines.
- Provides Information and Interpretation of the literature to the sales force
- May provide clinical education and therapy training support to sales forces in the field.
- Actively gathers and monitors competitive intelligence, in accordance with Company Policy.
- Supports sales/marketing as needed.
Internal and External Contacts
External: KOLs & other P5 stakeholders
Internal: India & Regional Medical Affairs, PV team, Medical Information, All Business Functions (Sales, Marketing, Value Demonstration & Access, Patient Services)
Key Performance Indicators
- Ongoing KOL Engagement (annual engagement calendar)
- New Product Launch Medical Support to Marketing & other Commercial functions
- No. of CMEs, RTMs and other Medical Activities
- Timely response to field queries within an agreed timeframe
- Training to Commercial teams
- Grant Process and related metrics
- Papers authored/presented, additional certifications/accreditations gained
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takedaâ s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration. Job Requirements:
Loading some great jobs for you...