Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
Come join our SSTAR Health Center Team. If you have recently graduated with your Medical Assistant Certificate, SSTAR will grant you 90 days to obtain your state certification which is required for this position. The Medical Assistant duties are to assist in the provisions of quality health care to clients in a team approach. Starting rate if not Board Certified is $13.50, when Board Certification is received $14.50.
- Assists in the maintenance of patient flow; including weight/height, vital signs, medication review, chief complaint and patient preparation as needed.
- Assist physicians with exams as required.
- Performs urine dips, supervised urine drug screens, urine pregnancy test, glucose finger sticks, A1C, INR, and EKG s.
- Input office procedures, billing charges and other pertinent clinical information into EHR (Nextgen).
- Update clinical care guidelines into EHR.
- Triage incoming telephone calls.
- Schedule and cancel appointments in EMR (Nextgen).
- Submit application for PT-1 form via www.mass.gov website.
- Assists with completion of paperwork.
- Maintains adequate stocking of exam rooms on a weekly basis.
- Disposes of biohazard waste in exam rooms on a daily basis
- Knowledge with use of autoclave for sterilization of equipment and supplies.
- Availability to work evening and weekend shifts as needed.
- Within 90 Days of your hire date, you must obtain your Board Certified Medical Assistant license.
- Bilingual preferred
- At least two year continuous sobriety is required
Associated topics: breast, certified, microsurgery, msg, nebo, plastic, plastic surgery, procedures, tenens, ucsf
Loading some great jobs for you...