Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Digital Services
Requisition Number: 247797
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Princeton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Doctorate Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Now's our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Our Princeton facility is recognized for providing a stimulating environment for highly talented and self-motivated students. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in a challenging problem-solving environment. You will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems. Our team has a strong publication record in leading journals and conferences.
The Digital Technology and Innovation team has openings in Princeton, NJ for Senior Deep Learning Scientists with focus on Machine Learning methods in Medical Image Reconstruction, Inverse Problems in Medical Imaging, Computational Imaging, Image Analysis.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Sr. AI Scientist, you will be responsible for:
* Contribute to research projects that develop Machine Learning and Deep Learning algorithms for solving inverse problems and research problems in computational imaging.
* Advance the state-of-the-art in the field, including generating patents and publications in top journals and conferences
* Fast prototyping, feasibility studies, specification and implementation of medical imaging product components
* Working with customers to understand algorithm requirements and deliver solutions
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline
* 5-7 years of experience (including Ph.D. study) in Machine Learning, Applied Mathematics, Statistical Machine Learning along with successful demonstration of key responsibilities
* Proven ability to develop new research ideas as demonstrated by a strong publication record and early developments to the level of a working system prototype
* Strong theoretical and practical background in machine learning, applied mathematics.
* Experience working in machine learning, computer vision
* Hands-on coding skills and ability to quickly prototype in python / PyTorch, TensorFlow / C++ / Matlab.
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English is required
* Excellent interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude
* Ability to work independently and prioritize work
* Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
* Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic team
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Prior knowledge about medical imaging is a plus but not a must
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at
If you wish to find out more about Siemens Healthineers before applying, please visit:
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Associated topics: blood collection, laboratory, medical, medical laboratory science, mls, molecular, surgical technologist, technician, technician iii, technician laboratory
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...