- Saint Peter's Healthcare System
Healthcare - Physician
152 Seaman St
SPD TECH II Certified
The SPD Tech receives/retrieves, cleans, assembles and sterilizes instruments, equipment and supplies from all areas of the Hospital; prepares and dispenses medical/surgical patient supplies to all areas of the Hospital.
* Preparing instruments and specialty instrument trays for packaging prior to sterilization.
* Prioritizing the assembling of instrument sets according to Departmental needs.
* Making rounds to designated areas to collect items.
* Receiving soiled items in decontamination area of S.P.D. and decontaminating reusable instruments, equipment and supplies.
* Preparing patient equipment for use.
* Filling requests for medical/surgical supplies, procedure trays and patient equipment.
* Certified through a national sterile processing program recognized by New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services.
* One to two (1-2) years of prior Central Service experience desirable, which may include at least 6 months experience as SPD Tech I.
* Experience must include knowledge of Orthopedic, Vascular, Neuro and ENT instrumentation.
Associated topics: medical, mls, molecular, sample collection, scientist, technician, technician i, technician ii, technician iii, technician laboratory
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...