- Saint Peter's Healthcare System
- $82,010.00 -105,710.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
152 Seaman St
Saint Peter's is the 5th hospital worldwide to earn Magnet status five times in a row. Our team of award-winning nurses is growing and we are looking for talented, compassionate RNs to join our team.
Registered professional nurse responsible for the supervision of the quality of nursing care on specific units and related activities which provides smooth operational functioning of the Hospital during an eight (8) hour tour duty on evenings, nights or weekends. The Supervisor is directed by the Off-Shift Coordinator to follow through the specific projects, personnel problems or quality of care.
* Receives report and initiates patient care rounds on each assigned Unit to assess care given, evaluates staffing patterns and discusses any pertinent patient problems with staff nurse(s).
* Acts as a consultant; lends clinical expertise and intervenes as necessary in the assessment and performance of patient care.
* Reviews daily staffing sheet and adjusts staffing patterns as necessary for on-coming shift.
* Provides a concise, timely, informative report to the Divisional Director and/or on-coming Supervisor.
* Communicates, interprets and implements established policies and procedures.
* Communicates to the individual Divisional Director /and or Unit Manager employee attitudes and performances, recommendations from staff, contributing factors that affect level of morale, incidents that occur and quality of patient care provided.
* Works with Divisional Director/and or Unit Manager in counseling, initiation and administration of the disciplinary process in accordance with established policy.
* Coordinates nursing activities with other departments of the Hospital and promotes harmonious relations among them.
* Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN).
* Must have five (5) years of nursing experience with evidence of progressive leadership experience.
* BLS and ACLS
* Experience with EMR.
* Flexible and willing to work independently.
* Able to work weekends and holidays.
Associated topics: bsn, cardiothoracic, domiciliary, hospice, intensive, maternal, mhb, neonatal, nurse rn, unit
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...