- Saint Peter's Healthcare System
- $82,010.00 -105,710.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
152 Seaman St
Saint Peter's is seeking a Part-time Nursing Unit Secretary to join the team on our Cardiac Progressive Care Unit.
The Nursing Unit Secretary will be tasked with keeping the Unit running smoothly and efficiently.
* Serving as the central focus of communication for the Patient-Care Unit.
* Coordinating the clerical functions of the Unit- assisting with charting, admissions, and discharges, etc.
* Maintaining organization within Nurse's station to promote an orderly workflow.
* Receiving, sorting, and organizing all interdepartmental communications.
* Scheduling and coordinating special patient appointments with other departments as directed by Health Care Team Members within an appropriate amount of time.
* Answering call bells and assisting as appropriate
* Answering a high volume of phone calls
* Welcoming and assisting all visitors to the unit
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Strong computer skills and a comfortability in learning new programs.
* Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
* Ability to deal effectively and courteously with a diverse group of Hospital personnel, patients, and visitors.
* Excellent time management and a sense of urgency when necessary.
Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, cardiothoracic, coronary, domiciliary, nurse, registed, registered nurse, transitional, unit
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...