- Saint Peter's Healthcare System
- $82,010.00 -105,710.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
152 Seaman St
Saint Peter's is seeking an organized, dynamic nurse who is skilled at helping pediatric patients and their families navigate through complex medical procedures and treatments for our new Scoliosis Center of Excellence. This is an incredible opportunity for a nurse who is ready for a new challenge and who has exceptional relationship building skills.
The Scoliosis Nurse Navigator's primary responsibility is to cultivate relationships and act as a liaison between the physicians, nursing, ancillary staff, patients and their families to promote a positive patient experience. The navigator will facilitate patient navigation through all phases of The Scoliosis Center working with the multidisciplinary care team to ensure excellence in clinical outcomes, quality of care, and patient safety, and have administrative oversight of the Center.
* Develop efficient processes to facilitate patients' smooth entry into and progression through the Scoliosis Center.
* Provide pre-surgical and post-operative education to patients and families.
* Coordinate and facilitate communication between physicians, nursing, ancillary services, and business development department related to the Scoliosis Center.
* Support volume growth initiatives for the Center.
* Utilize evidence-based guidelines to develop clinical guidelines for the care of the scoliosis patients.
* Monitor surgical outcomes and patient satisfaction measures on a Scorecard for the Scoliosis Center.
* Maintain a health database for scoliosis patients.
* Assist with travel and hotel accommodations for international and out-of-town patients.
* A licensed RN in the state of NJ and you possess a BSN (required) and at least 3 years' experience in orthopedics or pediatrics.
* Flexible, patient orientated and known for your positive attitude.
* Highly organized, detailed focused, and not satisfied until your patient has everything he/she needs.
* Able to develop interventions and strategies appropriate to population, i.e., culture, language, age specific, gender, etc.
* Knowledgeable of community resources and hospital processes.
* Able to work effectively in a team environment with excellent interpersonal skills.
* Computer savvy.
You also have:
* Pediatric/Orthopedic Nurse Certification preferred; must be obtained within 1 year of employment.
* BLS Certification & have completed an EKG Course (required).
Associated topics: ambulatory, care, ccu, coronary, intensive care, nurse rn, psychiatric, registered nurse, surgical, tcu
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...