- Saint Peter's Healthcare System
- $65,710.00 -96,910.00/year*
Healthcare - Allied Health
152 Seaman St
The Department of Medical Genetics & Genomic Medicine at Saint Peter's University Hospital is seeking an experienced Cancer Genetic Counselor to join our expanding multidisciplinary department. This position would meet the increasing need for cancer genetic services at our hospital and healthcare system, not only for our well-respected, accredited breast program and breast surgeons, but for our Gyn/Oncology division, expanding gastroenterology division, and a large network of regional oncologists. The counselor would be an integral member of our hospital's cancer committee, with opportunities for research and performance improvement projects and would participate in weekly Breast/Gyn and GI tumor boards.
* Educating patients in a non-directive, supportive manner to facilitate decision making, comprehension of complex medical information and test procedures.
* Conducting patient interviews, pedigree analysis, and counseling
* Collecting and analyzing medical family history for potential genetic diagnosis and risks
* Documenting counseling sessions, phone conversations, and patient appointments
* Following up on testing recommendations and lab results
* Acting as a liaison between patients, physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals
* Assisting in preparing case studies for publication/presentations and participating in research
* Participating in the education of residents, medical students, genetic counseling students, community attending physicians, and other departmental faculties.
* MS degree from an accredited genetic counseling program
* Board certified and NJS licensed
* 2+ years experience in genetic counseling, with some knowledge of and experience in cancer genetic counseling
* Interest in Telegenetics is a plus!
Associated topics: addiction, behavioral health, coordinator, field, insights, mental, msw, npho, sickle, violence
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...