- Saint Peter's Healthcare System
Healthcare - Nursing
152 Seaman St
The role of the Assistant Nurse Manager is to coordinate unit activities, foster a positive work environment, and oversee patient care based on individualized needs of the patient and his/her family. The Assistant Nurse Manager works closely with the Nurse Manager, providing coverage in her/his absence.
* Directly and indirectly supervising staff of Registered Nurses, Nursing Assistants, Maternity or Patient Care Techs, Nursing Unit Secretaries.
* Promoting patient satisfaction and a positive work environment.
* Conducting daily patient rounds on assigned unit.
* Nursing Quality Improvements activities on the unit.
* Assisting the Nurse Manager in planning for and implementing mechanisms to encourage growth and development of staff.
* Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care activities considering growth and development factors appropriate to age in collaboration with the Nurse Manager.
* Reporting any significant changes in the condition of the unit, any incidents and/or personnel
* Functioning as staff as needed to maintain patient safety and quality.
* Coordinating monthly staff meetings in collaboration with nurse manager; encourages open communication of unit specific issues.
* Working in collaboration with nurse manager in completing and providing input for annual performance appraisals.
* Conducting employee rounds; identifying and communicating trends to nurse manager, and implementing actions to address trends identified. Reviewing employee satisfaction survey; provides input to nurse manager in the development of actions plans.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BSN required. Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of New Jersey. Minimum of three (3) years experience in specialty.
* Certification in clinical specialty or leadership certification within one year of hire into the position.
* BLS certification, as appropriate to the nursing unit, as approved by the American Heart Association. Other certifications (i.e. NRP, PALS, ACLS) as required by specialty.
* Strong oral and written communication skills: the ability to effectively related to patients, families, physicians and diverse levels within the organization.
* Supervisory experience desired, which may include prior charge nurse, committee leadership, etc.
* Computer skills related to the electronic health record, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
Associated topics: admin, critical care, deputy, director, lead, memory, nurse manager, officer, rgn, services manager
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...