- Rutgers University
- $82,010.00 -105,710.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
152 Seaman St
Rutgers University Correctional Health Care is seeking a Staff Nurse for the Edna Mahan Correctional Facility for Women, located in Clinton, New Jersey. The Staff Nurse utilizes the nursing process to meet a variety of health care needs with ambulatory care as a primary focus for inmates in the New Jersey Department of Corrections.
* Provides direct and indirect nursing care to meet physiological, psychosocial and emotional needs of the resident-patient, including adolescents (13-17 years), adults (18 to 64 years) and their families, within the framework established by the correctional system.
* Performs assessments of resident-patients in a variety of settings such as initial intake area, health care unit for sick call, emergency situations in housing, chronic care clinics and infirmary.
* Works with a variety of health care professionals and security officers in a correctional environment.
* Identifies inmate-centered goals and nursing objectives and implements prescribed interventions and solutions for the identified problems.
* Plans nursing care by identification of resident-patient needs based on assessments. Makes appropriate, timely referrals and initiates appropriate nursing care based on institutional policies and procedures.
* Evaluates and documents resident-patient responses to aspects of health care and makes appropriate referrals to members of the health care team.
* As team leader or charge nurse, delegates duties to other health care team members based on their skill, knowledge and experience and guides the provision of care by others.
Associated topics: care unit, hospice, infusion, intensive care unit, maternal, neonatal, nurse, nurse clinical, registed, tcu
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...