- Rutgers University
- $164,310.00 -164,310.00/year*
Healthcare - Dental Care
152 Seaman St
Rutgers University Correctional Health Care (UCHC) is seeking a Dentist I to work within the Department of Corrections Facilities statewide. The Dentist I provides dental health services to the inmate population at the Prison.
* Performs dental assessments on inmates upon intake, to determine dental needs and urgency of needs.
* Charts results in the Electronic Medical Record and develops initial plan of treatment.
* Performs and/or interprets radiographic exams.
* Provides dental treatment including emergency treatment of teeth and surrounding soft tissues such as oral surgery, restorative dentistry, and periodontal therapy, within the scope of a general dentist.
* Corrects significant oral problems which may adversely affect inmate's health.
* Makes referrals for procedures which cannot be performed at the institution.
* Provides professional consultation to all members of the Health Services team relative to the inmate's health care management.
* In conjunction with the Medical Director, prescribes medications from formulary for inmate's healthcare needs.
Associated topics: adjunct, associate, dds, dentist, dentistry, dmd, group, orthodonist, practice, private
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...