- Rutgers University
- $42,440.00 -59,740.00/year*
Healthcare - Dental Care
152 Seaman St
Rutgers University Correctional Health Care is seeking a Dental Assistant to work at the Northern State Prison located in Newark, New Jersey. The Dental Assistant assists the Dentist during the examination and treatment of patients by performing certain inter-oral tasks under the direct supervision of a licensed dentist.
* Prepares operatory with appropriate instruments and material for the patients scheduled to be seen.
* Provides chair-side assistance during treatment recognizing the dentist's need for instruments, material, retraction or suction.
* Mixes and fabricates restorative materials; sterilizes instruments and disinfects operatory between patients.
* Develops and mounts routine radiographs; assists in exposing intra-oral and extra-oral radiographs; maintains and cleans x-ray unit, film processor, autoclave, wet tank and dental unit.
* Orders and keeps inventory of supplies to maintain established levels.
* Assists in maintaining dental charts, dental findings, maintains confidentiality of the dental records and schedules patients for dental appointments.
* Collects requested data for dental clinic reports.
Associated topics: assistant, dental biller, bilingual, certified dental assistant, clinical, efda, oxide, radiographer, steps, x ray
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...