- Rutgers University
- $216,880.00 -216,880.00/year*
Healthcare - Physician
152 Seaman St
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Physician Specialist, Per Diem for the Department of Family Medicine and Community Health at Rutgers, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
The primary purpose of the Physician Specialist is to provide general clinical services and is responsible for preventive medicine, diagnosis and treatment of acute illnesses, treatment and stabilization of hospitalized patients and management of chronic conditions.
Among the key duties of the position are the following:
* Studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats diseases of the human body related to the specialty of training, including acute exacerbation of chronic conditions, and comorbid conditions that lead to acute organ dysfunction.
* Examines patients utilizing all types of medical equipment, instruments and follows the standard of care in treating hospitalized patients, including obtaining appropriate diagnostic tests and specialist consultations.
* Prescribes and orders medicine and engages in research to aid in control and care of disease.
* Makes recommendations for treatment, therapeutic planning, and follow-up studies.
* Serves as a consultant to other members of the staff on problems related to the medical specialty.
* Completes all required documentation in a timely manner, including billing, medical records, and administrative duties.
Associated topics: bilingual, care, family, family medicine physician, hospitalist, nocturnist, physician, physician md, practice physician, provider
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...