- Rutgers University
- $82,010.00 -105,710.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
152 Seaman St
Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Nurse Anesthetist (Certified Registered) for the Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine at the Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
The primary purpose of the CRNA position is to administer anesthesia - related care in four general categories: (1) pre-anesthetic preparation and evaluation (2) anesthesia induction, maintenance and emergence, (3) post anesthesia care and (4) peri anesthetic and clinical support functions.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
* Performs and documents a pre-anesthetic assessment and evaluation of the patient, including requesting consultations and diagnostic studies, selecting, obtaining. ordering or administering pre-anesthetic medications and fluids; and obtaining informed consent for anesthesia.
* Develops and implements an anesthetic plan.
* Selects and initiates the planned anesthetic technique which may include: general regional and local anesthesia and intravenous sedation/monitored anesthesia care (MAC).
* Selects, obtains or administers the anesthetics, adjuvant drugs, accessory drugs, and fluids necessary to manage the anesthetic, to maintain the patient's physiologic homeostasis, and to correct abnormal responses to the anesthesia or surgery.
* Selects, applies, or inserts appropriate non-invasive and invasive monitoring modalities for collecting and interpreting patient physiological data.
* Manages emergence and recovery from anesthesia by selecting, obtaining, ordering or administering medications, fluids, or ventilator support in order to maintain homeostasis, to provide relief from pain and anesthesia side effects, or to prevent or manage complications.
Associated topics: bsn, intensive care unit, neonatal, nurse, recovery, registered nurse, staff nurse, surgery, tcu, transitional
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...