- Rutgers University
- $216,880.00 -216,880.00/year*
Healthcare - Allied Health
152 Seaman St
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Medical Coder for the Coding Unit for the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
This position functions as a medical coder for a large multi-specialty medical group and is responsible for abstract coding of charges for services performed by the providers from the medical chart documentation. The position must comply with World Health Organization, University compliance policies and federal guidelines. This position is responsible for the instructions and support of physicians and staff clinicians on coding practices according to federal and compliance guidelines.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
* Abstracts from patient charts/medical records all billable services in assigned specialties. Staff will translate these services into the correct CPT (Procedure) and ICD (Diagnosis) codes with all necessary and applicable modifiers.
* Conducts training sessions for physicians and staff clinicians in individual or group settings on coding rules and federal regulations.
* Meets with providers in assigned areas on a regular basis to review coding guidelines and identify any updates and changes. Staff will meet with physicians in the clinical setting as needed for documentation instruction.
* Provides education to physicians and staff clinicians in accordance with National Correct Coding Initiative (NCCI) guidelines.
* Provides documentation and coding audits of all billing providers within the practice based on documentation guidelines, Medicare Teaching Guidelines and NCCI coding initiatives.
* Identifies bundled charges and bills appropriately according to University compliance guidelines, federal regulations and NCCI coding initiatives.
Associated topics: account, biller, clinical documentation specialist, collection, collector, data, data entry, front desk, medical billing, number
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...