- Rutgers University
- $52,450.00 -68,200.00/year*
Healthcare - Physician
152 Seaman St
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Lead Surgical Scheduler/Patient Liaison for the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Surgery, at the Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
The primary purpose of the Lead Surgical Scheduler/Patient Liaison is to ensure that all office visits, surgeries, and outpatient procedures are scheduled in an organized, efficient, and timely manner. In addition to scheduling, this position is responsible for contacting insurance companies to obtain authorization prior to all procedures and communicating with patients. The scheduler serves as a liaison between Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and all surgical divisions requiring plastic surgeons present during surgery, the hospital operating rooms, radiology, oncology, insurance companies, patients, and third party vendors whose equipment is required in the OR. This position requires interaction and competency in providing compassionate care to patients in all age categories.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
* Main liasion to the RWJUH OR staff to ensure that all instruments and appropriate staff/technicians are available in the OR.
* All acquired information relevant to each surgeon's surgical schedule must be accurate and entered in a timely manner. Must organize and maintain the clinic and surgical schedules for physicians and physician assistants.
* Precertifies all OR cases and out-patient procedures. Ensures that all pre-certifications and authorizations are documented in EMR and that all relevant information is entered that complies with the patient's insurance. Must work collaboratively with nursing staff and physicians to ensure all diagnostic coding is properly recorded.
* Maintains surgical procedure spreadsheet for payment reconciliation.
* Coordinates with physicians as needed to obtain clinical information. Retrieves information from patient's electronic medical records to complete requests.
Associated topics: general surgery, laparoscopic, robotics, surg, surgeon, surgery, surgery physician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...