- Rutgers University
- $99,280.00 -170,440.00/year*
Healthcare - Physician
152 Seaman St
The Rutgers School of Health Professions - Physician Assistant (PA) Program seeks to hire a full-time PA to join a faculty practice in Neurosurgery.
The position involves clinical and educational responsibilities. The PA will be responsible for the care of patients primarily at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in collaboration with physicians from New Jersey Medical School. The PA will coordinate and perform pre-operative assessments, act as first assist in the operating room, develop and implement treatment plans and provide post-operative care. The PA will evaluate and treat patients in the outpatient setting, provide non-operative care and perform neurosurgical assessments and procedures in the emergency department as necessary.
The qualified candidate will receive a faculty appointment in the Rutgers School of Health Professions. As such, the PA will participate as a preceptor for Rutgers PA students, engage in teaching activities, deliver didactic content and perform student assessments as necessary. Educational activities may occasionally require travel to the Rutgers PA Program in Piscataway, NJ.
Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with highest earned degree and experience.
We offer an excellent benefits package, including tuition reimbursement.
* Perform initial pre-operative assessment of patients.
* Perform a detailed medical history and comprehensive physical exam.
* Order, interpret and perform diagnostic studies, consultations and procedures as necessary.
* First-assist in surgeries.
* Manage post-operative patients in the inpatient setting.
* Prepare patients for discharge, including patient and family discharge teaching, continuing care and rehabilitation arrangements, writing discharge prescriptions and confirming follow-up.
* Perform or assist with neurosurgical consultations and procedures in the emergency department.
* Provide comprehensive neurosurgical care to patients in the outpatient setting, including pre-operative, post-operative and non-operative care.
Associated topics: addict, cancer, college of medicine, disability, disease, disorder, genetic, health care, psychiatry, pulmonary
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...