- Rutgers University
Healthcare - Nursing
152 Seaman St
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking an Assistant Nurse Manager for the Inpatient Units, Acute Psychiatric Services (APS) and Children's Crisis Intervention Services (CCIS) for Rutgers, University Behavioral Health Care.
The Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM) is responsible for supervising the provision and management of patient care services for an assigned shift or unit on a consistent basis. The ANM serves as a resource for nursing care across the system on an as needed basis and works with other healthcare professionals to optimize patient outcomes. The ANM promotes quality patient care, patient safety and customer satisfaction. The ANM serves as the resource person for staff in explaining and executing policy and procedure. The ANM functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team; participates in quality improvement activities, educational activities and supports research endeavors. The role is consistent with the scope and standards outlined by the American Psychiatric Nurses Association for Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing.
* Assures the completion of admission nursing assessment and ongoing risk assessments in accordance with specific unit standards and regulatory requirements.
* Provides supervision in the development of the nursing plan of care in an effort to promote wellness and recovery.
* Assures proper equipment is functioning and coordinates plans with personnel for the maintenance of units and equipment.
* Ensures the safe storage, administration and documentation of medications.
* Supervises all high risk situations to ensure standards of practice are met on a consistent basis.
Associated topics: assistant director, chief, critical, director of nursing, lead, manager, memory, nmh, nurse manager, nursing manager
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...