- Rutgers University
- $99,280.00 -170,440.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
152 Seaman St
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an Advanced Practice Nurse (Oncology Nurse Education Specialist), for the Nursing Department in the Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey.
The primary purpose of the Advanced Practice Nurse is the utilization of professional nursing knowledge. The Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) will serve as an advanced practice professional in an expanded role.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
* Assists in the development, implementation and utilization of policies, procedures and standards set forth by the Cancer Institute of New Jersey.
* Coordinates and participates in the delivery of educational activities for the nursing and clinical support staff at the Cancer Institute of New Jersey and the Network.
* Assesses programmatic needs, develops, implements and monitors educational programs.
* Acts as a resource and teacher for other members of the healthcare team.
* Participates in the planning and implementation of strategies to meet regulatory agency requirements as they relate to patient care and/or operational issues.
* Participates in the development of comprehensive cancer patient education programs in collaboration with the Resource and Learning Center, Social Services, Community Outreach, and other groups as required.
* Serves as a resource/consultant in the management of complex issues arising in the oncologic patient population at the Cancer Institute of New Jersey and the Network.
Associated topics: advanced, aprn, assessments, bilingual, cardiology, clinic, clinical, family medicine, nurse specialist, physician assistant
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...