- Rutgers University
Healthcare - Nursing
152 Seaman St
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an Advanced Practice Nurse, (Clinical Nurse Specialist), for the Nursing Department in the Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey.
The Advanced Practice Nurse will serve as an advanced practice professional in an expanded role. The Advanced Practice Nurse utilizes the nursing process in the major area of nursing practice, patient management, education, consultation, research and project management, under the direction of the Senior Director, Oncology Nursing Services. This position will serve to support the day-to-day clinical operations of the Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey through assisting with the identification, development and management of projects to support improvements in the delivery of patient care.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
* Monitors the clinical care of the patients and provides clinical support to improve patient care, patient outcomes, and patient safety.
* Confers with providers on clinical issues to assure that medical plan(s) are carried out on patients.
* Models excellence in nursing practice through the utilization of advanced concepts in the areas of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation of perceived, actual or potential problems that occur in a variety of patient populations.
* Functions as a facilitator and innovator for state-of-the-art nursing care with direct involvement in implementing and evaluating new techniques and equipment for safety, cost-effectiveness and benefits related to the nursing practice.
* Functions as a clinical resource, mentor and teacher to staff regarding care of the oncology patient.
* Participates in the coordination of formal and informal instruction of nursing, medical students and other health professionals. Also, assists in the development, implementation, coordination, and evaluation of nursing staff orientation programs.
* Works collaboratively with managers to organize and implement annual competency evaluation of nursing staff. Assists with the development and implementation of annual competency evaluation for the medical health technicians.
Associated topics: anesthetist crna, bsn, cna, cnm, family medicine, gerontological nurse practitioner, locum, nurse practitioner, physician assistant, specialist
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...