- Rutgers University
- $252,470.00 -252,470.00/year*
Healthcare - Physician
152 Seaman St
The Department of Psychiatry at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School in Newark, New Jersey, is recruiting for full-time academic psychiatrists to join our team. Successful candidates will actively participate in clinical care, medical student and graduate medical education, and will have the opportunity to engage in research and other scholarly activities in an urban tertiary-care medical center.
We currently have several openings for full-time positions:
1. Inpatient Psychiatry Unit: Each attending on this unit leads a multidisciplinary team which includes a social worker, a nurse, a recreational therapist, a psychiatry resident, and rotating medical students. This is a high acuity unit with ample social work support, an experienced nursing staff, and an enthusiastic recreational therapy team. The workload allows plenty of time for teaching.
2. Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry Service: We are looking to fill two full-time positions. This is a dynamic service with a strong focus on teaching; there is a full-time psychiatry resident and a variety of other residents, medical students, and psychology interns who rotate through the service on a regular basis. We provide consultations to medically complex patients on medical, surgical and obstetrical inpatient units, including an active liver transplant service.
3. Emergency Department: We are looking for an attending to direct the psychiatric services in the ED. There are plentiful opportunities for teaching as there is a full-time psychiatry resident on service and a number of rotating medical students and residents on elective. We have a team-based approach with a strong team of mental health screeners who assist with clinical assessment, collateral-gathering, and disposition.
The positions above are an outstanding opportunity to be part of an innovative and thriving academic department. Our faculty positions are particularly well-suited for early career psychiatrists with an interest in academic psychiatry. We are proud of our culture of mentoring the new generation of leaders in our field and strongly support our faculty members' professional development.
Candidates must be able to obtain a New Jersey medical license and be board certified or board eligible. Academic rank will be commensurate with experience.
Rutgers NJMS is located within an easy commute from Manhattan and many attractive New Jersey communities with excellent school systems. Our competitive compensation package includes comprehensive health care, generous retirement savings, and 22 paid vacation days.
Rutgers NJMS faculty may also join the outpatient faculty practice which can generate additional income.
Interested psychiatrists should send their CV to the attention of the Department Chair, Petros Levounis, MD, MA, at ...@Rutgers.edu. We are an AA/EEO employer.
Associated topics: adult psychiatry, child psychiatry, clinical, consult, consultant, consulting, mhc, neuropsychiatry, psychiatry, pyschiatrist
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...