The Director of Oncology Content and Education is an integral member of the Global Medical Excellence team responsible for leading medical content strategy and development, ongoing training, communications, financial management and process documentation and improvement for select Oncology products in support of Global medical, U.S. Field Medical, and country medical as applicable.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for leading Global and U.S. medical content strategy and development, medical training material development, communications, for assigned Oncology products.
- Leads strategy and execution of ongoing field medical scientific training for assigned Oncology assets for the US Field Medical team
- Works with Sr. Director Content & Education on maintaining onboarding curriculum in close collaboration with U.S. Field Medical New Hire Training leads.
- Leads the coordination of external vendors, in alignment with U.S. and Global Medical Strategies, in the development of medical resources for external medical communications (e.g. Field Medical HCP interactions)
- Financial management for Content & Education deliverables
- Process documentation and improvement, as applicable
- Supports the U.S. Medical Review Committee (MRC) approval process and ensures timely approval of medical content in accordance with Pfizer medical policies and SOPs
- Supports the Global medical review process for internal training materials and external medical communications resources
- Liaise with legal, compliance and governance on processes and issues related to Content & Education deliverables
- Stays current on FDA and other US regulations and guidance that impact interactions with and delivery of medical information to external healthcare professionals.
- Stays current on, anticipates, and adopts new digital technology, on-demand, and other related offerings that improve the efficiency of Oncology Field / HQ Medical, medical communications activities and/or enhance the overall medical customer experience.
- Stays current on all relevant Pfizer SOPs and guidance documents.
- Serve on Oncology Field / HQ Medical and cross-functional, cross divisional and cross business unit committees.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- PharmD, PhD, or Doctor of Nursing Practice required
- 5+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience required
- Previous Oncology experience is preferred.
- Field-based medical experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly adopt and utilize new digital technology and other resources (e.g. iPAD, Acronis, WEBEX, on-demand video-conferencing, OneMED)
- Strong strategic, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently in a matrix environment with shown flexibility and organizational awareness
- Must be decisive, exercise good judgment in decisions, organized and with the ability to prioritize a large workload.
- Ability to manage resources, programs and multiple projects.
- Is a role model of the OWNIT culture
- Flexibility to travel 20% of the time
Domestic and/or international travel up to 20% of time likely.
NYC/East Coast work hours coverage preferred.OTHER JOB DETAILS:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: September 20, 2019
- Additional Location Information: New York, NY (preferred), Peapack, NJ, Global Any Pfizer Site, Virtual/Remote
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer. \"Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.\"
N (Other) (United States of America)
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Associated topics: ad, chief marketing officer, donor, hospital, major gift, mba, medical center, newspaper, policy, relation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...