Loading some great jobs for you...
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is seeking a Part Time night shift Nursing Assistant to join the Telemetry Unit.
The Telemetry Unit is a 36 bed medical-surgical unit with a specialized focus on cardiac patients requiring cardiac monitoring. Patients are admitted to our unit for a wide variety of diagnoses, including: need for pacemaker; syncope; chest pain; tachycardia; initiation of medication therapy; CHF; Sepsis; pulmonary embolism; stroke; and others.
Our patients receive more frequent monitoring than on our other medical-surgical units, and often have co-morbid diseases which make them complex. We value teamwork and collaboration, and are focused on providing appropriate patient-centered care.
Clinical skills performed regularly include: EKGs; care of tracheostomies, chest tubes, foley catheters, invasive lines, and wounds; blood transfusions; medication administration- including antiarrhythmic medications and IV drips; evaluation of cardiac rhythms; and response to inpatient Rapid Responses.
Assists nurses in the delivery of nursing care through participation in the nursing process. Demonstrates regard for the dignity and respect of all patients, their families, guests and representatives of other organizations as well as fellow employees, volunteers and medical staff in support of the Medical Center's mission to provide consistent quality health care services in a professional, caring and responsive environment. Will demonstrate responsibility for individual performance and efficient utilization of products, supplies, and equipment. Will utilize time to insure the timely completion of duties and to promote financial viability through provision of services a reasonable cost.
Job Duties Include but Not Limited To:
1. Displays a caring and responsive attitude and represents the Medical Center in a positive manner and conducts all activities respecting patient/customer rights and expectations. Regularly maintains a neat appearance and adheres to departmental dress, including the wearing of appropriate identification. Interpersonal relations with other health care workers are regularly fostered in a courteous and friendly manner as evidenced by managerial observation and peer input.
2. Makes observations of patient condition and reports and documents information as requested. Has good communication skills with patients/families and co-workers and is able to make suggestions regarding the patient's needs for nursing care.
3. Performs and documents nursing care activities as assigned, consistent with established procedures.
4. Demonstrates the knowledge and skill specific to a nursing assistant in the area of assignment. (i.e. patient hygiene, vital signs, emptying and documenting of urine outputs, procedures, etc).
5. There is evidence in performance that consideration is given to age and how it relates to care and interventions in the pediatric, adult and geriatric patient.
6. Consistently makes extra efforts to achieve patient/customer expectations while discharging job responsibilities. Maintains confidentiality of patient and departmental information with no infractions as noted by manager.
Minimum Requirements :
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Completion of UAP course or Nursing 101.
Related Work Experience
• Not required but prefer six months of Nursing Assistant experience or currently enrolled in LPN/RN nursing program with successful completion of Nursing I.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
• Basic Life Saving certification (BLS) for healthcare providers
SPECIALIZED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• Customer Service skills
Additional Information :
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...