- Partners HealthCare System
- $224,710.00 -224,710.00/year*
Healthcare - Allied Health
33 Cedar Rd
The Trainer reports to the Partners Urgent Care (PUC) Manager of Training and is responsible for the successful and ongoing training of RTs at PUC centers. The Trainer works closely with the Manager of Training and PUC Leadership to lead onboarding activities, assess training needs and provide ongoing clinical education, specifically in the area of Radiology Services. The Trainer splits time between training staff and working limited shifts as a Radiologic Technologist.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Partners with the Manager of Training and the Director of Operations to train Radiology Technologist staff on Radiology specific procedures as well as general clinic procedures within scope of practice of the Radiology Technologist.
* Assists with orientation/onboarding of new employees.
* Develops, in conjunction with the Manager of Training, training materials and employee assessment tools such as proficiency checklists.
* Contributes to revisions and development of relevant RT related policies and procedures.
* Provides onsite training for employees needing additional training or follow up.
* Conducts proficiency checks at a minimum yearly for each employee or more often as needed to assess proficiency level and performance.
* Contributes formal input to employee performance evaluations.
* Maintains training metrics as directed by the manager of training.
* Collaborates with Manager of Training, training staff and PUC leadership on continuous improvement of the PUC Onboaring/Orientation and Training program.
* Liaison to MGH Radiology Department; responsible for employee adherence to X-ray protocols.
* Responsible for troubleshooting technical issues and maintaining relationship with X-ray vendor.
Radiologic Technologist duties:
* Prepares the radiology suite, equipment, and materials as necessary.
* Follows standard protocols for preparing adult and pediatric patients for x-ray studies, capturing images and documenting appropriately in the EMR.
* Cleans and stages exam and procedure suites in between patient occupancy.
* Monitors receipt of x-ray images by receiving Radiology department and monitors availability of results.
* Re-stocks shelves and suites when supply orders are received.
* Assists with training activities for new employees.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Performs all of the assigned duties of the front office, applying daily check lists for opening and closing of center.
* Greets and assists patients and other guests in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner.
* Registers arriving patients in the electronic medical record (EMR) following existing protocols.
* Processes payments for services.
Back Office clinical duties:
* Rooms and triages patients.
* Documents review of symptoms, patient history, chief complaint, vital signs and any other necessary clinical documentation in the EMR.
* Obtains and processes patient specimens, according to protocol, for point of care tests (examples: rapid strep, flu, mono, pregnancy, urinalysis, glucose), sends out labs (examples: urine culture, strep culture), and other tests required for employee health visits such as breath alcohol test, urine drug screening. Collection of specimens is typically by urine sample or finger stick blood sample.
* Assists with minor surgical procedures under the direction of licensed provider.
* Associate's degree from an accredited college required
* Current state licensure as a radiologic technologist required
* CPR/BLS certification required
* ARRT license required
* Previous experience delivering trainings required.
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in a high-volume urgent care center or emergency room preferred.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to facilitate, and execute formal communications, presentations, and training programs for different audiences.
* Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner.
* Ability to see, hear, and accurately read and write medical terminology.
* Experience with labs, history and vitals, blood draws and IVs necessary.
* An outstanding bedside manner with both pediatric and adult patients.
* A positive and energetic attitude which inspires other team members.
* Demonstrated ability and strong commitment to exceptional patient care and customer service principles.
* Excellent organizational and record keeping skills.
* Ability to communicate effectively, balance multiple tasks, set priorities, and solve problems independently.
* Ability to work 12.5 hour shifts, overtime, on-call, weekends, and holidays as needed.
* Reliable, independent transportation is required for travel to various PUC locations based on training needs.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. Requires sitting and standing associated with normal office environment. Manual dexterity for using a computer keyboard and calculator.
* Work is performed in a fast-paced office environment. There is constant contact with the public, clinic and office support staff. Work may be stressful at times because of high volume.
* Work schedule Monday - Friday with week-end or evening hours based on business and training needs of staff.
Associated topics: arrt, cardiac, cath, cath lab, cath laboratory, catheterization, ct scan, diagnostic, mri, radiology
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...