- Partners HealthCare System
Healthcare - Allied Health
33 Cedar Rd
The Trainer for Employer Health Services reports to the Partners Urgent Care (PUC) Manager of Training and is responsible for the successful and ongoing training of MAs, RTs and Hosts in activities related to Employer Health Services. The Trainer works closely with the Manager of Training and PUC Leadership to lead onboarding activities, assess training needs and provide ongoing education, specifically in the area of Employer Health Services. The Trainer will split time between training staff and working shifts as a Medical Assistant.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Partners with the Manager of Training and the Director of Operations to train staff on topics related to Employer Health Services and related operational workflows.
* Assists with orientation/onboarding of new employees.
* Develops, in conjunction with the Manager of Training, training materials and employee assessment tools such as proficiency checklists.
* Contributes to revisions and development of relevant EHS related policies and procedures.
* Provides onsite training for employees needing additional training or follow up.
* Conducts proficiency checks at a minimum yearly for each employee or more often as needed to assess proficiency level and performance.
* Contributes formal input to employee performance evaluations.
* Maintains training metrics as directed by the manager of training.
* Collaborates with Manager of Training, training staff and PUC leadership on continuous improvement of the PUC Onboaring/Orientation and Training program.
* Collaborates with outside training vendors on coordination of required training conducted outside of PUC.
* Partipates in various train the trainer programs where appropriate.
* Maintains records of EHS related certifications and monitors for need renewals.
* May assist with interview/hiring process of MAs and Hosts.
* Liaison to eScreen vendor.
Medical Assistant Duties:
* Functions as both front office or back office clinical team member, depending on daily assignment. Performs all of the assigned duties of the host as needed including processing payments for services.
* Shares responsibility for clinical daily activities including check list for opening and closing of center.
* Greets and assists patients and other guests in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner. Registers arriving patients in the EMR following existing protocols.
* Rooms patients and provides triage services, including vital signs, review of symptoms and chief complaint in an electronic medical record (EMR).
* Accurately records patient information such as vital signs, review of systems and chief complaint in an electronic medical record (EMR);
* Proficient in full range of medical assisting skills, including the ability to start intravenous (IV_ lines, draw blood and collect urine samples, reconstitute medications, administer oral medications, provide injections and immunizations, provide oxygen and nebulizer treatments, assist providers with medical procedures, perform minor procedures, collect specimens, perform rapid laboratory tests, perform EKGs, process and prepare blood samples for outside lab processing, and splinting and fitting patients for durable medical equipment.
* Performs routine lab maintenance and logs; performs routine maintenance on the autoclave, sterilization and packaging of surgical instrument kits.
* Cleans and stages exam and procedure suites in between patient occupancy.
* Performs regular and accurate inventory of supplies and processes orders. Re-stocks shelves and suites when supply orders are received.
* Performs administrative tasks such as composing and responding to emails, answering and making phone calls, etc.
* Assists new associates in training as requested.
* Conducts Employer Health related services such as but not limited to Urine Drug Screen testing and Breath Alcohol testing.
* Performs other duties as assigned. ? Medical assistant diploma required.
* Previous experience delivering trainings required.
* Electronic health record (EHR) experience required.
* BLS/CPR certification required.
* Proficiency with common Microsoft application as well as other healthcare and management software required.
* Previous experience in Urgent Care setting preferred.
* EPIC EHR experience preferred.
* Previous Employer Health Services experience including understanding of all DOT related regulations.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to facilitate, and execute formal communications, presentations, and training programs for different audiences.
* Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner.
* Ability to see, hear, and accurately read and write medical terminology.
* Experience with labs, history and vitals, blood draws and IVs necessary.
* An outstanding bedside manner with both pediatric and adult patients.
* A positive and energetic attitude which inspires other team members.
* Demonstrated ability and strong commitment to exceptional patient care and customer service principles.
* Excellent organizational and record keeping skills.
* Ability to communicate effectively, balance multiple tasks, set priorities, and solve problems independently.
* Technology proficiency is critical, including previous EMR experience and knowledge of Microsoft software products such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
* Ability to work 12.5 hour shifts, overtime, on-call, weekends, and holidays as needed.
* Reliable, independent transportation is required for travel to various PUC locations based on training needs.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. Requires sitting and standing associated with normal office environment. Manual dexterity for using a computer keyboard and calculator.
* Work is performed in a fast-paced office environment. There is constant contact with the public, clinic and office support staff. Work may be stressful at times because of high volume.
* Work schedule Monday - Friday with week-end or evening hours based on business and training needs of staff.
Associated topics: hematopathology, laboratory, medical, medical technologist, sample collection, technician iii, technician iv, technician lab, technician laboratory, testing
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...