X-Ray Technologist (1062059_RR00034690)
Compensation: $68,720.00 - $95,530.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute?designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a X-Ray Technologist.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for performing medically prescribed radiographic procedures.
* Maintains supplies and cleanliness of space, restocks supplies as needed.Notifies supervisor of any shortage of any supplies.
* Assists section in completion of special projects, reports and activities.
* Maintains cooperative and professional relationships with patients, physicians, nurses and office and clinical staff.
* Demonstrates skill in equipment set-up, utilization and proper maintenance procedure. Performs visual and manual quality control checks of X-ray equipment including monitors used for routine dictation/reading of clinical images.Uses imaging and peripheral equipment, in a safe and productive manner in accordance with prescribed hospital, departmental and manufacturers procedures. Observes and reports any malfunctioning of the equipment and notifies appropriate persons in case of missing or damaged equipment
* Is able to recognize a medical emergency and notifies nurse, PA and/or MD immediately. Demonstrates knowledge of proper radiation safety procedures and incorporates them into the performance of all radiographic procedures. Uses gonadal shielding on all patients whenever possible. Restricts beam to the smallest possible area, ensuring the least possible exposure to the patient without compromising quality. Eliminates the possibility of accidental exposures to x-ray by all persons. Maintains radiation detection badges and rings appropriately and returns them as required.
* Performs transmission and/or segmentation for transmission to PACS in a complete and proper anatomic display. Generates high quality hard copies of images when necessary. Uses efficient methods and completes examinations assigned in reasonable amount of time. Maintains cleanliness of radiographic area. Prepares equipment and supplies in advance for future exams. Makes alterations in work schedule for STAT and emergency cases. Is able to alter work patterns to satisfy the needs of the patient and medical staff.
* Follows special instructions indicated on radiographic requisition.
* Independently implements patient procedures in accordance with departmental protocols and standards. Explains the procedure and equipment to the patient clearly. Answers patient questions to ensure understanding and patient satisfaction. Provides for patient comfort before, during and after procedure, and maintains an ongoing rapport with the patient throughout the procedure to ease any anxiety the patient may have. Provides for patient privacy at all times. Positions patient and radiographic equipment appropriate to the body part(s) to be radiographed and adjusts equipment settings accordingly to insure maximum information is obtained. Uses lead markers appropriately. Follows accepted radiologic procedures. Ensures that all x-rays completed are of high quality. Uses positioning and immobilizing devices to improve radiographic quality. Considers variety of protocols and rationale in determining radiographic positioning and technique.
* Uses standard procedures to identify the correct patient using two identifiers (full name and birth date). Checks patients wristband by name to ensure patients ID matches examination requisition. Calls patient by last name, asking patient to confirm their identity by stating their first name. Introduces self to the patient. Reviews patients requisition and understands the type of exam required by each requisition and confers with medical staff regarding clarification when necessary. Seeks information or asks for assistance from supervisor regarding difficult or questionable results. Follows accepted radiologic procedures and uses medical information to determine type of protocol required for radiographic examination. Consults policy and procedure manuals and/or other reference materials as necessary to ensure actions conform to established protocols. Follows special instructions indicated on radiographic requisition. Recognizes need for and follows isolation precautions.
* Effectively assesses patients information and status, and follows appropriate procedure(s) accordingly.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the HIS and is able to access patient data for verification of orders. Competent in scheduling exams in RIS from the order entry queue and/or demonstrates the ability to modify exams when necessary.
* Is knowledgeable of the total cycle of RIS patient tracking. Follows departmental policy of documenting begin, complete and departure times, when appropriate, in the RIS. Has working knowledge of film library functions.
* Demonstrates ability to access patient information such as appointment times, type of exam, and patient reports. Maintains confidentiality on matters to which they are privileged.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the hospital and radiology information systems as they relate to radiology. Correctly chooses appropriate patient information from HIS/RIS system in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Certificate from accredited School of Radiologic Technology
* New York State license or temporary permit to practice Diagnostic Radiology
* Certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
Required Licenses: Radiologic TechLic IV-Cert-NYS, Radiologic Tech Lic - NYS, Am Registry Of Radiologic Tech
* College graduate
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal \"EEO is the law\" poster or visit for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
Associated topics: arrt, cardiac, cath lab, cath laboratory, computerized, mammographer, ndt, radiographer, radiologic, x ray
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...