NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Sr Social Worker.
In this role, the successful candidate Under the Supervision of a Social Work Supervisor or Director, provides psychosocial assessment and counseling services, including discharge planning to patients as assigned by the Department of Social Work at a level of independence requiring minimal supervision.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations Service Standards and incorporates them into performance of duties.
* Provides timely and effective psychosocial assessment and evaluations as required. Uses clinical knowledge of psychosocial dynamics and interviewing techniques to gather social history, define problems and develop a relevant treatment plan.
* Partnering with Care Manager to ensure effective throughput.
* Coordinates interdisciplinary information and recommendations into social work treatment plan and promotes timely post-hospital/ discharge planning in the interest of patients/families.
* Mobilizes community agencies and other support networks in the interest of patients/families.
* Documents all social work activities in a timely manner according to departmental protocols.
* Performs clinical duties in an independent manner, with appropriate use of supervision.
* Assists in ensuring that patients receive services in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures through review of medical records.
* Is competent to care for patients of all age groups.
* Regularly participates in individual/group supervision.
* Prepares statistical documentation of work in assigned areas.
* Demonstrates skill in presentation of psychosocial information in interdisciplinary rounds, meetings and Rusk evaluation conferences.
* Provides supervision to social work interns.
* Conducts orientation patient/family groups, educating and/or elaborating on information about diagnosis, treatment, options for post-hospital care, etc.
* Participates in interdisciplinary planning and unit based interdepartmental meetings when requested.
* Participates in the development of programs and projects that require a senior social worker to participate in developing policy, coordinating case review in specialized areas, dispensing information and becoming the departmental/hospital recognized resource in a particular area
* Serves as a resource for the Social Work Staff and for other hospital employees.
* Organizes and participates (in conjunction with the social work supervisor) in training of new staff or staff transferring to a different assignment.
* Provides task supervision as required.
* Organizes and conducts psychodynamic support groups for patients and families with the responsibility for designing, developing goals and leading and/or facilitating the group interaction.
* Represents the Department of Social Work in hospital and citywide committees and task forces.
* Assists in ensuring that patients receive services in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures through conducting regular chart reviews.
* Participates in teaching psychosocial issues related to health and illness, community resources and social work services.
To qualify you must have a Masters Degree in social work, or its equivalent (e.g. a higher degree from a social work program that is registered by the New York State Education Department as qualifying for licensure), from a recognized college or university program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) New York State licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or pending examination with application having been approved by the licensing board for the LCSW examination or a New York Education Department-issued limited permit (for employees hired with an LCSW from another state with New York State LCSW obtained during probationary period). Minimum of four years of post LMSW experience as a social worker in the health care field..
Required Licenses: Lic Social Worker - NYS-Permit, Licensed Social Worker - NYS
Previous experience in a hospital or health-related organization.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal \"EEO is the law\" poster or visit for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...