Research Nurse (1059604_RR00033134)
Compensation: $80,685.00 - $127,920.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
NYU School of Medicine is one of the nation's top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Research Nurse.
In this role, the successful candidate Position Summary:The senior research nurse works to provide and maintain comprehensive nursing care to both adult and pediatric patients in a diverse clinical research setting. The standards of care provided to the research patient results from the ability to assess the health care needs while ensuring compliance to the requirements of the protocol. The senior research nurse collaborates with all members of the research team to effectively direct and manage all aspects of the research protocol with minimum supervision.
* Provides direct care to the research patient utilizing the nursing process with knowledge and understanding of the purpose and methodology of the protocol.
* Demonstrates critical nursing judgment to maintain the integrity of the research protocol without compromising patient safety.Demonstrate the ability to practice independently within study guidelines.
* Effective documentation, observing any changes in a patients status and response to the protocol. Maintain effective communication at all times. Educate research patients and families about the clinical study and maintain optimal health. Participates actively in the informed consent process.
* Procedures/Nursing Skills - Demonstrates appropriate clinical skills relating to the execution of research protocols. Demonstrates the ability to assess situations and make critical decisions affecting research procedures.
* Procedures/Nursing Skills - Reviews each protocol prior to patient entry and addresses questions or concerns to the appropriate personal (Nurse Manager, Principal Investigator, Assistant Nurse Manager). Create protocol flow sheet to identify a brief summary of the protocol requirements for all staff nurses. Develop, implement, and evaluate a plan of care for each patient incorporating short and long term goals and expected outcomes of each.
* Procedures/Nursing Skills - Sets priorities based on patient care and protocol requirements. Communicates through verbal, nonverbal, written, and computer methods effectively with all members of the health care team. Works with staff in a team approach to assist patient/protocol needs and will extend beyond the completed assignment to assist others.
* Procedures/Nursing Skills - Administer stock medication safely and with knowledge of hospital policy and procedure. Administer selective research medication safely with accountability and knowledge of its effect within the protocol domain and CRC guidelines.
* Procedures/Nursing Skills - Performs accurate and safe procedures within the scope of practice of CRC Nursing: (specimen collection, PK/PD studies, venous and central access with the exception of A lines. Stimulation testing, administration of blood products, fluid and research medication delivery, Conscious sedation and bronchoscopy procedure. Intense monitoring of vital signs and assessments of the research subject for specific protocols and procedures and observation of any untoward effects.
* Procedures/Nursing Skills - Assess patient and family educational needs about the informed consent process, protocol intervention procedures, and its relationship to the disease process. Initiates teaching on won and documents action for continuity of care through discharge. Maintain patient rights and confidentiality with attention to safety concerns for the patient.
* Education/Development - Participates in Performance Improvement Initiatives. Participates in interdisciplinary education. Attends formal education outside the medical center (CEUs).
* Education/Development - Collaborates with other CRC nurses nationally by a list service. Shares research education with other nurses and disciplines who work within the CRC. Has demonstrated management of a clinical research protocol independently.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a NYS RN License with current registration. Graduate of an accredited nursing program. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, or equivalent combination of education and experience with plans to earn a baccalaureate degree in Nursing. Prior RN experience in a clinical setting preferred. Experience working with specific indications (department-specific). Minimum of 3 years progressively responsible related experience coordinating clinical/research trials studies. Proficiency in using various Microsoft Office applications such as World, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook. Familiar with Internet applications. Effective verbal and written communication skills, and strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and work and communicate effectively with both internal and external customers. Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently. Commitment to continuous learning as required by department administration. Ability to make decisions independently. Ability to manage time, multi task and prioritize work. Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems; ability to work well under pressure..
Required Licenses: Registered Nurse License-NYS
Preferred Qualifications:Certification in relevant practice area.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU School of Medicine's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal \"EEO is the law\" poster or visit for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
Associated topics: bsn, cardiothoracic, intensive care unit, maternal, mhb, psychatric, psychiatric, tcu, transitional, unit
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...