Registered Nurse (RN) / Justice Center Staffing / Corrections
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Registered Nurse (RN)
Corrections Staffing / Justice Center
***Innediate Need / All Shifts / Great Pay***
RNs, if you want more variety in your day to day work, we can help! At NurseCore we are passionate about connecting healthcare professionals and nurses with medical positions that fit their lifestyle. Our facility staffing opportunities offer you the variety of meeting new patients while working in various facilities within your community. As the national leader in healthcare services, we’ll find you the perfect career opportunity so you can concentrate on what you do best—helping people get better.
- Top Pay w/ Daily or Weekly Pay Options
- Flexible Schedules
- Friendly, Accessible Office Staff
Your dream job is waiting for you; join our team and we’ll help you find it! Apply Today! Responsibilities
- Performs nursing procedures to treat and rehabilitate clients within their scope of experience and training.
- Supervises and motivates staff when in a supervisory capacity.
- Receives and provides adequate report on all clients.
- Follow Plan of Care.
- Assesses, plans and implements client care.
- Provides physical comfort and attention to the emotional, physical and safety needs of clients.
- Observes and records all information pertinent to the client and reports to supervisors.
- Teaches all concerned proper health care maintenance.
- Accepts accountability for all actions while on duty.
- Maintains competency through continuing education.
- Performs all nursing procedures for which RN is trained and prepared.
- Receives and transcribes doctor’s orders.
- Assists with physical examinations, makes round of assigned clients following guidelines of institution.
- Respects client’s rights and maintains confidentiality.
- Records all pertinent client information including any unusual changes and reactions to the appropriate persons.
- Safeguards equipment and supplies.
- Performs specific duties for which the Registered Nurse is responsible including:
- Administers oxygen.
- Changes dressings.
- Inserts and irrigates urinary catheters.
- Administers and records medications given.
- Carries out prescribed treatments.
- Discontinues or hangs additional intravenous bottles and piggybacks.
- Administers and draws blood.
- Obtains specimens.
- Supervises nursing staff as requested by Supervisor or as required by Law.
- Provides for client’s nutritional needs.
- Makes clients as comfortable as possible.
- Administers CPR and other emergency procedures as necessary.
- Current unencumbered RN license in the states of NY
- Minimum one (1) year experience as a Registered Nurse in a supervised setting within the last three (3) years
- Experience in a Correctional Facility is a plus
- Successful completion of the skills assessment specific to the areas of experience including any specialty areas
'The management at NurseCore is fantastic, friendly, and very knowledgeable. They take the time to work with your needs when working on your schedule.'
-LVN (Current Employee)
'NurseCore is a great place to work with great staff members and good pay. They have many different locations to keep you busy with work.'
-CNA (Former Employee)
'I enjoy NurseCore. A typical day at work is never known and you learn something new every day. Management is good, and I have co-workers that are wonderful. '
-LVN (Current Employee)
Loading some great jobs for you...