Registered Nurse (Willingboro)
Compensation: $82,010.00 - $105,710.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Mitchell & Genex have Merged
Mitchell is a trusted software and service provider to the Property & Casualty Claims and collision repair industries as well as risk management professionals. We provide technology and services that simplify claims handling, repair processes and pharmacy transactions with best in class clinical management and cost containment solutions. Genex helps injured workers return to their jobs in a safe and efficient manner through compassionate case management, reducing health care costs and disability expenses for our customers.
Together, we bring two industry leaders in software and service committed to delivering a first-class experience to the customers, partners and markets we serve. We offer a complete suite of technology enabled solutions, and a proven managed care service mix, allowing us to deliver better outcomes to our clients for their businesses, their employees and their customers.
*This is a remote position, but will be based in northern New Jersey to accomodate travel to physician, patient and adjuster appointments.*
Individual will be responsible for assessment, planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation of injured/disabled individuals involved in the medical case management process. Works as an intermediary between carriers, attorneys, medical care providers, employers and employees to ensure appropriate and cost-effective healthcare services and a medically rehabilitated individual who is ready to return to an optimal level of work and functioning.
Main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Uses clinical/nursing skills to help coordinate the individual s treatment program while ensuring quality, cost-effective care. Performance is monitored daily by supervisors and/or branch managers.
- Serves as an intermediary to interpret and educate the individual on his/her disability, and the treatment plan established by the case manager, physicians, and therapists. Explains physician s and therapists instructions, and answers any other questions the claimant may have to facilitate his/her return to work.
- Works with the physicians and therapists to set up medical assessments to develop an overall treatment plan that ensures cost containment while meeting state and other regulator s guidelines.
- Researches alternative treatment programs such as pain clinics, home health care, and work hardening. Coordinates all aspects of the individual s enrollment into the programs, and then monitors his/her progress, to ensure quality and cost-effectiveness of care and minimize time away from work.
- Works with employers on modifications to job duties based on medical limitations and the employee s functional assessment. Helps employer rewrite a job description, when necessary and possible, to return the client to the workplace.
- May provide testimony on litigated cases.
- Coordinates injured workers appointments and arranges and/or personally escorts him/her to the appointments.
- Maintains all case documents in files ensuring a comprehensive and detailed source of information for all parties involved in the case.
- Prepares detailed evaluation reports, as per account guidelines, and case recording documenting for each phase of activity as it is completed. Reports billing hours in accordance with case activity and billing practices.
- Maintains phone contact with all parties involved to monitor, update, and advance case activity to ensure the progress of the case.
- Compiles a case inventory monthly for submission to the branch manager to allow for proper billing and to calculate hours for bonus purposes.
- Completes insurance carrier reports on a monthly (or as required) basis, as well as other necessary paperwork for the insurance company, state, or other regulatory bodies.
- Maintains professionalism always despite the stressful demands of the position. Capable of maintaining close relationships among all parties involved both in person and over the phone. Must be readily available for and responsive to all parties concerned.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of developments in the medical case management field. Keeps abreast of local workers compensation laws and regulations, as well as other issues related to the case management/managed care industry. This is also critically important in keeping licenses and certifications valid.
- Participation in professional associations keeps the case manager informed of events in their field while establishing referral contacts.
- May assist in training/orientation of new staff as requested.
- Monitors functions assigned to non-case managers and provides input on the performance of support staff to their supervisor.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION: Diploma, Associate or bachelors degree in nursing or bachelors degree (or higher) in a health or human services related field required. Masters level and/or advanced study in a health-related field desired.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two (2) years full time equivalent of direct clinical care to consumers required. Workers compensation-related experience preferred. Prior case management experience preferred.
- A current, unrestricted license or certification to practice a health or human services discipline in a state or territory of the United States that allows the health professional to independently conduct an assessment as permitted within the scope of practice of the discipline; or
- In the case of an individual in a state that does not require licensure or certification, the individual must have a baccalaureate or graduate degree in social work, or another health or human services field that promotes the physical, psychosocial, and/or vocational well-being of the persons being served, that requires:
- A degree from an institution that is fully accredited by a nationally recognized educational accreditation organization;
- The individual must have completed a supervised field experience, in case management, health, or behavioral health as part of the degree requirements; and
- URAC-recognized certification in case management within four (4) years of hire as a case manage
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: See minimum Qualifications above. Pursue URAC-recognized certification in case management (CCM, CDMS, CRC, CRRN or COHN) upon eligibility. Other state licenses/certifications as required by law. Valid driver s license required
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: Experience in rehabilitation services industry, vocational/occupational/industrial nursing preferred. Background in state workers compensation law and practices desirable. Excellent interpersonal skills and phone manners. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to set priorities. Ability to work independently. Computer literacy required. Travel in and around Northern New Jersey is a requirement of the position.
Associated topics: asn, bsn, care, care unit, ccu, domiciliary, maternal, neonatal, psychiatric, recovery
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...