Position Type: PRN
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 0
Primary Location: IA > DES MOINES > MERCY MEDICAL CENTER
Provides patient care using physical agents andtherapeutic exercise in accordance with the Iowa Physical Therapy Practice Act.Work is performed with considerable independence within policy and programguidelines. Supervises physicaltherapist assistants and rehab support staff in patient care and non-patientcare duties according to licensure law. Provides on-going physical therapy toinfant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients and their familiesbased on assignment.
- Based on assignment: Performs evaluations and treatments (including theapplication of topical medications used in treatment modalities and/orburn/wound care) to infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients ina variety of settings. Completes supporting documentation according to hospitalpolicy.
- Appropriately establishes and reviews: plan of care; goals andpriorities with team (including patient/family); treatment in response to changingpatient needs; educational needs of patient/caregivers; dischargeplan/follow-up care needs
- Complies with department, hospital, and regulatory agency guidelineswith respect to ethics, legal issues and supervisory relationships.Demonstrates professional accountability per the Physical Therapy Code ofEthics and Standards of Practice.
- Demonstrates appropriate and effective written, verbal, and non-verbalcommunication with team members through the continuum of care.
- Protects patient confidentiality in regard to medical, emotional andsocial status.
- Advocates for theprofession through memberships, affiliations, continuing education, communityservice and legislative support.
MARGINALFUNCTIONS: (may be essential based onassignment)
- Plans and presents educational programs for department, hospital,and/or community.
- Assists in inventory and ordering of supplies and equipment.
- Assists in maintenance of a safe, clean work environment.
- Assess physical environment and functional abilities of patient withinactual residence or work setting.
- Utilizes specialized equipment, testing procedures, and/or advancedtreatment techniques.
- Transports patients/equipment to/from clinics.
- Assists in preparation/maintenance of daily treatment schedule.
- Uses computer to assist for documentation and entering of charges.
- Provide instruction, supervision, and guidance to students, volunteers,and ancillary staff in Rehab.
- Observes, measures, and records the cardiovascular responses of heartrate, heart rhythm, blood pressure, and oxygen saturation.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS ANDABILITIES AS REQUIRED:
- Certificate,Bachelor s or Master s degree in physical therapy
- Licensed in Iowa
- Previous workexperience not required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider certified orobtained within three (3) months of hire.Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include American RedCross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and American Heart Association BasicLife Support for Healthcare Providers.
- Proof of completionof Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population served within three(3) months of hire.
Associated topics: clinician, inpatient, mhlb physical, movement therapist, orthopedic, orthopedic therapy, outpatient, physical therapy, therapist, therapist outpatient