Merakey is currently seeking a Certified Peer Specialist ($16.49/HR -- Full Time) to join our Behavioral Health Services Division in our Colmar, PA locations.
Position summary or overview. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
* Services are self-directed and person-centered with a recovery focus.
* PSS facilitate the development of recovery skills.
* Services are multi-faceted and include, but not limited to, individual advocacy, education, development of natural supports, support of work or meaningful activity of the individual choosing, crisis management support, skills training, effective utilization of the service delivery system, and coordination of and linkage to other service providers.
The CPS will:
* Provide opportunities for individuals receiving services to direct their own recovery
* Teach and support acquisition and utilization of the skills needed to facilitate an individual's recovery
* Promote the knowledge of available service options and choices
* Promote the utilization of natural resources within the community
* Document member progress to maintain permanent record of consumer activity and progress according to agency and state standards
* Coordinate completion of Individualized Recovery Plan
* Engage consumers who have discontinued services for follow up, re-engagement and satisfaction survey completion
* Participate in monthly CPS technical assistance meetings
* Facilitate WRAP groups as needed to support members
* Attend required training to maintain Peer Certification
* May perform other related duties, as needed
MERAKEY IS PROUD TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
* Work/Life Balance
* Competitive Compensation Plans
* Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Short/Long Term Disability Coverage
* Life Insurance
* 403B Retirement Plan (with company matching)
* Marketplace Savings Program
* Employee Assistance Program
* Wellness Programs
* 24-Hour Nurse Hotline
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Generous Paid Time Off (for qualifying positions)
* Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in education and human services
ABOUT MERAKEY'S BEHAVIORAL HEALTH DIVISION
Merakey offers a continuum of care in behavioral health (includes mental health and addictive diseases), integrating services in both community and site-based settings. These services provide a wide range of recovery focused treatment, services, and supports for children and adults.
Site/Clinic Based Services
* The Center for Hope
* Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
* Parents and Children Together (PACT)
* Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
* Psychiatric/Socialization Rehabilitation for Hope
* Residential Services for Children and Adults
Community Based Services
* Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) and Forensic Assertive Community Treatment (FACT)
* Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services (BHRS)
* Case Management / Recovery Coaching
* Community Health Liaison (CHL)
* Community and School Based Behavioral Health (CSBBH)
* Crisis Intervention
* Substance Use Disorder Services
* Dual Diagnosis Treatment Team (DDTT)
* Family Based Mental Health Services
* Therapeutic Family Care
* Foster Care Plus
* Peer Support
* Student Assistance Program (SAP)
* Supported Employment
* Supports for Permanency (SFP)
For more information on each individual service, please visit:
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Michigan, Texas, California, and Tennessee.
Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Requisition # 47911
In addition to completing your application, please feel free to email your resume directly to our recruiter at ...@merakey.org
The CPS will be a self-identified individual current or prior recipients of state priority services as defined in MH Bulletin OMH-94-04, Serious Mental Illness: Adult Priority Group who:
* Has a high school diploma or general equivalency
* Within the last three years, has maintained at least 12 months of successful full or part time paid or voluntary work experience or obtained at least 24 credit hours post-secondary education; and Has completed a Peer Specialist training curriculum approved by Department