Speech Language Pathologist (Home Health)
Compensation: $76,830.00 - $117,070.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
Overview Speech Therapist - Home Health
The Speech Therapist (ST, SLP) in Home Health is responsible for the assessment and evaluation of patient care needs related to treating speech and language disorders, and functional training in communication, swallowing, and cognitive impairments. Based on this assessment and evaluation, the Speech Therapist works to help determine a treatment plan, performs interventions aimed at improving and enhancing the patient's well-being, and evaluates the patient's progress. Memorial White Rose Home Health
, a proud member of LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people. Additional Details
Qualifications License Requirements
- Provides services within the scope of practice as defined by the state laws governing the practice of speech therapy, in accordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other members of the health care team.
- Evaluates the patient's level of function by applying diagnostic and prognostic functional ability tests. Assists the physician in the development of the therapy plan of care.
- Treats patients to communicate effectively by expressing thoughts according to the patient's condition using acceptable standards of practice.
- Observes, records, and reports to the supervising nurse and/or physician the patient's response to treatment and changes in the patient's condition.
- Instructs the patient, the family and/or caregiver and other members of the health care team in areas of speech therapy in which they can participate.
- Visits patient according to plan of treatment, completes a progress note for each visit, and submits progress notes per LHC policy .
- Completes all patient evaluations and develops the ST plan of care within state specific guidelines. Reports outcomes of evaluation, goals, and anticipated projected frequency of care to supervising nurse within 24 hours of the evaluation.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as necessary.
- Provides in-services to agency staff upon request of supervising nurse.
- Sends the supervising nurse and/or the physician a written summary report on patient's condition at least every 60 days.
- Adheres to LHC Therapy Standards of Practice in provision of services to all patients.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be currently licensed in Speech Therapy in the state of practice.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Must have a current driver's license and vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation.
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that it s all about helping people, and we live by those words today. It s our mission to provide exceptional care and unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part of the LHC Group family, you re choosing a career path that will challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.
Every day, all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people. There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist. It s our purpose.
Associated topics: cfy, language, language pathologist, slp, slpa, speech, speech and language pathologist, speech language, speech language pathologist, speech therapist
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...