Bring your talents to a leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions. Rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation, our medical technologies open doors. We support your growth with the training, mentorship, and guidance you need to own your future success. Join us for a career that changes lives.
CAREERS THAT CHANGE LIVES - POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The CoreValve Therapy Development Specialist provides technical, clinical, educational and sales support to ensure safe adoption and growth of the Medtronic CoreValve System and future catheter-based therapy technologies. The CoreValve Therapy Development Specialist works closely with implanting teams and the Medtronic Catheter-based Therapies (CBT) and CVG field organizations to drive procedural and practice success.
* Technical and Clinical Support * Provide clinical expertise for TAVR implanting centers, including \"scrubbing in\" for TAVI implant procedures to assist with loading valves onto delivery catheter, and providing technical support in accordance with the instructions for use/trial protocol, and best-practices to facilitate procedural consistency and best clinical outcomes * Educational Support * Provide support for site performance and to facilitate safe growth. Assist in education and training activities with physicians, hospital support staff and Medtronic personnel. Stay abreast of and communicate clinical data regarding Medtronic products and TAVR therapy * Sales Support * Post approval, collaborate and strategize with territory sales representative and CVG field organization in achieving sales targets and implementing business plans
A DAY IN THE LIFE - POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following responsibilities are to be performed as appropriate in clinical trial case support and/or case support following commercial approval, depending upon the approval status of the product at the time.
* Technical and Clinical Support * Provide quality technical support to help sites achieve procedural success * Provide technical support to Medtronic employees and implanting teams for CoreValve implant procedures in accordance with Medtronic guidance * Provide technical leadership for TAVR device procedures. Educate implanting teams on proper indications for TAVR procedures. Provide support on questions regarding device suitability with measuring ability and CT reconstruction expertise. Provide comprehensive technical support including knowledge of imaging modalities (echo/angiography/CT), EKG, blood pressure, wave forms, and ancillary procedural solutions * Knowledge of Clinical trial protocols, and CoreValve and other Medtronic TAVR product IFUs for safe and effective use of devices * Develop and maintain comprehensive clinical and technical product knowledge. Understands current published TAVR and relevant literature. Recognize and understand competitive products, industry trends, and CBT/CVG portfolio. Liaison with R&D for technology improvements and next generation needs * Educational Support * Oversee local education and training activities including coordination and set up procedure simulators, facilitation of simulated TAVI procedures and procedural troubleshooting, and coordination and facilitation of staff in-services to include pre/peri/post TAVI procedure * Provide education on safe and effective use of Medtronic products * Educate/train hospital staff with proper valve loading instruction * Customer Service and Sales Support * Support district sales strategy working with sales representatives and managers to achieve business plans within CBT business unit and broader CVG organization. Contribute to the development of a strong team effort * Ensure comprehensive technical and customer support within territory to maintain superior customer service levels and effective time management * Assist with customer management of inventory ordering, shelf stock, and returns * Identify, establish and maintain productive working relationships with key decision makers, customers and their staff, administrative staff, etc. * Participates in customer/society education meetings and conventions * Respond to customer requests and resolve complaints in a prompt and effective manner * Report and device complaints to proper departments within quality assurance within Medtronic * Help drive and maintain quality initiatives and global best practice initiatives * Maintain high standards of personal presentation and promote a professional personal and company image * Professional Development * Assist in training new hires to Medtronic CBT team. * Administrative Responsibilities * Submit accurate and timely expense reports * Schedule travel arrangements to ensure multiple objectives are accomplished * Maintain hospital eligibility/access with various vendor credentialing services * Communication * Maintains a high level of communication with appropriate CVG sales and leadership within assigned geography * Communicate market intelligence/competitor activity promptly, including potential sales leads, and information regarding product price or account activity to District Manager and other appropriate company personnel * Ensure a professional standard of written and verbal communication at all times
MUST HAVE - BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, THE FOLLOWING BASIC QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE EVIDENT ON YOUR RESUME
* High School Degree and 9+ OR Associate degree and 5+ OR Bachelor's degree and 3+ years clinical or sales experience; selling or supporting interventional cardiology, vascular or surgical products
NICE TO HAVE - DESIRED/PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* Associate's Degree in engineering, nursing, or the sciences * Bachelor's Degree in Business or Science * Experience with wires, balloons, catheters, stents) * Exceptional understanding of cardiac and vascular anatomy, physiology, and pathology * Experience communicating product's market advantages to physicians and hospital administration * Experience managing multiple accounts * Experience teaching and educating medical personnel, peers and technical support personnel * Imaging interpretation experience (TTE or Trans Esophageal Echocardiography (TEE), CT, Angiograms) * Expertise with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint * Excellent influencing and consulting skills * Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills * Ability to make timely and sound decisions * Strong project management skills with experience coordinating programs * Thorough working knowledge of medical terminology, medical procedures and the medical device industry * Excellent customer service skills * Effectively build and maintain positive relationships with peers and colleagues across organizational levels and functions * Ability to coordinate/participate in numerous tasks/projects in a fast-paced environment in an organized manner while meeting deadlines * Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills * Strong work ethic in accomplishing objectives of the position
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions * While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers * Able to lift 20 pounds * Extended periods of time doing computer-based work * Hearing, sight and speaking ability * Ability to use computers and CT reconstruction programing * Ability to travel extensively by car and plane. Must have valid driver's license for state of residency and active vehicle insurance policy * Wear lead apron for long periods of time (2-3hrs on average) * Ability to operate a moving vehicle * Ability to work in Cath Labs or OR's with radiation exposure * Ability to travel with overnight stay up to 50- 75% of the time (geography variability) * Ability to conduct company business outside of the typical Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, work-schedule * Must have a valid driver's license and active vehicle insurance policy. In addition, your driving record will be reviewed and will be considered as part of your application
* Infectious disease; radiation; blood borne pathogens * Must be able to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE)
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.