- $47,070.00 -61,740.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
316 Mountain Ave
Under the supervision of the Laboratory/Medical Director and Center Director, ensure donor suitability, product integrity and the continued good health of donors through the compliance with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, EU regulations and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) Manual / IBR Quality Plan.
* Promote customer satisfaction through appropriate interaction and responsiveness to customer needs.
* Monitor and evaluate operation and provide feedback to Center Director.
* Selection of suitable plasmapheresis donors through the use of Standard Operating Procedure Manual (with particular detailed attention to communications related to viral disease information and plasmapheresis informed consent), current State and Federal guidelines, OSHA, CLIA, and cGMP, all internal company procedures, personal education and experience.
* Timely review of accumulated data to confirm established donor suitability.
* Assist with management and administration of Hepatitis Vaccine program according to established protocol.
* Assist with management and administration of employee counseling, testing, and follow-up of employee exposures to blood or plasma.
* Provide appropriate and confidential counseling to unacceptable individuals.
* Provide level of care during unexpected or severe donor reactions.
* Assist in employee training as necessary.
* Consult with Center Laboratory/Medical Director/Licensed Physician as required by Physician Substitute Program.
* Communicate with Medical Director where necessary to ensure donor suitability issues are addressed appropriately.
* Report all unsafe situations or conditions to supervisor.
* Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
* May be required to work weekends and evenings and some major holidays
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Education and/or Experience High School diploma or GED required. EMT, RN, LPN, BSN, PA, or Nurse Practitioner licensed in the state in which the center operates.
* Special Qualifications Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required. Must have legible handwriting. Must be able to use PC.
* Language Skills Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure and technical manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
* Mathematical Skills Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
* Reasoning Ability Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk, climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
* Manual dexterity to perform all phases of donor screening. Ability to stand for extended periods of time up to four (4) hours at a time. Ability to lift, tug, pull up to fifty (50) pounds.
Associated topics: licensed, licensed vocational, med, mtp, nurse iii, nurse lpn, nurses, practical nurse, practical nurse lpn, vocational
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...