Loading some great jobs for you...
Grand Itasca Clinic & Hospital, a part of FairviewHealth Services,is currently seeking a dedicated Registered Nurse to join our team! A long-tenured management team that takes a personal interest in every employee is one of the many advantages you'll find here at Grand Itasca Clinic & Hospital.
POSITION: Registered Nurse
JOIN OUR TEAM:
Nestled in the heart of the Northland, Grand Itasca Clinic & Hospital is the dominant provider of primary care services in the local and surrounding area to include roughly 50,000 people. We're a non-profit organization with a clear vision of being theleader in transforming rural health care by achieving the highest levels of quality, access, and value. Our strength stems from teamwork and collaboration among a talented and diverse group of professionals. With over 600 employees in hundreds of different roles, Grand Itasca can offer a variety of career opportunities.
To provide professional nursing care to patients and families in the Medical/Surgical/Pediatrics Unit.
1. Completes admission assessment according to unit policy, utilizing pastmedical history, therapeutic communication and physical assessment.
2. Identifies accurately, nursing diagnosis/collaborative problems to determine appropriate interventions within the framework of accepted standards of care.
3. Initiates and documents discharge and transfer planning; facilitates 'Patient Centered' communication and care.
4. Assumes patient care responsibilities by organizing workload effectively and remaining flexible to environmental changes.
5. Communicates professionally and effectively with patients, families, co-workers, healthcare team members and ancillary departments to ensure 'Patient-Centered' coordination of care.
6. Ensures plan of care is consistent with nursing standards and hospital policy and procedures.
7. Participates in quality assurance activities to evaluate and improve patient care.
8. Promotes an environment that encourages individual growth and heightens professional practice.
9. Participates in professional growth and self-development activities to ensure accountability for own professional nursing practice.
10. Participates in staff meetings, committees and special projects; actively contributes to Acute Care's quality and development.
11. Collaborates with and delegates to ancillary/professional staff as appropriate; assures adherence to their scopes of practice, considering licensure and/or certification.
1.Currently registered with the Minnesota Board of Nursing
2.Current or past clinical experience preferred in acute Med/Surg/Peds Nursing with abilities to care for adult or geriatric patients with total joint/orthopedic, general medical and general surgical conditions.
3.Demonstrated abilities to manage multiple priorities, organize the work load; includes critical thinking, delegation skills and respectful communication.
4.Experience in assessing the individual needs of the adult/geriatric or pediatric patients and developing appropriate written plans of care.
5.Current BLS Certification or able to complete within one month
6.Current ACLS Certification or able to complete within six months and maintain certification.
7.Demonstrated ability to follow and adhere to Grand Itasca Clinic and Hospital policies, vision, mission and values.
8.Maintains reliable and consistent attendance.
Perform other related duties as required. This list is not all-inclusive and any other task or job may be assigned in the future.
'We are an equal opportunity employer.'
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...