Medical Directors assume responsibility for understanding the scientific and clinical aspects of their assigned businesses in depth, and serve as a key strategic resource for both internal teams and clients. They will leverage science in brand differentiation and communications, collaborate with copywriters/medical writers to represent the scientific perspective throughout strategic/creative development, and ensure scientific and clinical relevance. At all levels, the Medical Directors will continue to develop their strategic skill set in an effort to uncover the most compelling way in which to differentiate a brand or franchise from a medically viable, but compelling perspective. Demonstration of excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong analytical and interpretive skills, is needed.
Actively participate as a member of new business pitch teams when needed
Own and manage the day to day client strategy and relationships for multiple accounts
Team Management & Development
Provide a day to day oversight, training and development of direct reports
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop depth of understanding for assigned products, related medical areas, and competitors on an ongoing basis. * Critically review content developed by others in the agency, including copywriters, medical writers, and AMDs.
* Begin to interact with internal teams, clients, and HCPs on programs to meet strategic objectives through advocacy development, use of medical marketing rationale, and identification/selection of appropriate HCPs. * Participate in proprietary workshops. * Monitor and identify relevant literature and craft marketing implications for brand.
* Establish rapport with client and manage medically-related client interactions unsupervised once training is complete and supervisor has adequately modeled appropriate client interactions.
* Develop working drafts of new business medical backgrounders. * Partner with strategic planner to help with research and development efforts on new business pitches. * Assist in identifying potential medical hook. * Contribute to the development of pitch materials.
* Help to develop communication platform (or scientific platform for medical education) that will serve as an internal content roadmap and foundation for communications. * Develop presentation skills; begin to clearly communicate medical concepts in a condensed, audience-appropriate way to client and agency.
* Demonstrate willingness to work beyond basic responsibilities to assist team. * Proactively and appropriately participate in and contribute to discussions at all team meetings you attend.
* Self-educate on innovation in the industry and begin to conceptualize programs for teams.
* Able to supervise copywriters (and medical writers for medical education) to develop content, determine adequacy of references, participate in team meetings, manage workflow; deliver work that is detailed, accurate and consistently on target.
* Complete timesheets accurately and on time. * Develop ability to reasonably estimate hours required to complete specific projects. * Complete and submit expense reports on time.
AREA OF STUDY
Master of Science (MS)
Master of Public Health (MPH)
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
AREA OF EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Proficient in advanced functions and formulas to perform VLOOKUP, pivot tables, charts, graphs and data capture
Acute attention to detail, with an emphasis on consistency and continuity.
Carefully plans ahead to ensure tasks are undertaken and time is used efficiently
Is attentive and shows interest in the subject; Expresses ideas clearly and accurately
Shows interest in finding the cause of problems, looks for and chooses effective solutions and takes the necessary action to resolve them
Ability to work effectively in a team environment to build and foster collaborative environment
For U.S. Job Seekers
It is the policy of FCB and any of its affiliates to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. EOE/AA/M/D/V/F.
Associated topics: analyst, business, community, event, lead generation, market, product market, public relations, relation, stewardship
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.