Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Associate Director functions in a leadership role in the Medical Affairs department. This position leads a team of Medical Science Liaisons (MSL). The Associate Director will collaborate with the Marketing and Sales leadership and teams to develop the strategic implementation and relaunch of a team of regionally based MSLs. Travel is up to 70% within key US markets and Exact Sciences headquarters in Madison, WI to provide national leadership and support to drive strategic scientific exchange, clinical education, and KOL opinion leader identification and development.
This is a field based role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of the Associate Director is to lead and manage the regionally based Medical Science Liaisons.
Other essential responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Acts in a leadership capacity for the Medical Affairs team and works closely with headquarters, laboratory and field-based teams to implement customer strategies aligned with scientific exchange, clinical education, and key opinion leader engagement.
* Manage the MSL collaboration and support with headquarters functions including Marketing, Market Access, Sales, Commercial Operations, Corporate Affairs, Clinical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, and Compliance/Legal.
* Develop and implement strategies, SOPs, and processes to ensure that MSLs perform their duties to meet objectives and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
* Work collaboratively with the sales and marketing corporate departments and field sales teams to create and implement educational strategies for key clients.
* Provide insight into market trends and competition.
* Builds relationships and assists in the development of key opinion leaders as potential speakers and collaborators for Exact Sciences.
* Builds relationships with key decision makers in health systems, medical groups, healthcare provider offices, state departments of public health, advocacy organizations, and national/regional professional societies.
* Collaborates with the Medical Affairs leadership in the development and implementation of the strategy for identification and development of key opinion leaders.
* Collaborates with clients and thought leaders on a national, regional and local level to develop clinical insights that support medical research associated with new and existing products.
* Collects and reports market information within company guidelines.
* Provides Clinical Affairs team with recommendations on investigator and site selection for future trials and studies.
* Provides insights to Sales Force Effectiveness team regarding opportunities for updates and improvements in sales force training for sales force leadership and management.
* Attend regional and national tradeshows, symposia, and scientific/clinical meetings.
* Identify national/regional educational events such as patient education events and CME events.
* Manage time and travel expense budget to support scientific exchange and clinical education activities at key national accounts.
* Become proficient in and demonstrate ability to understand the major data sources (clinical trials, studies, published reports, etc.) relative to the use of Exact Sciences' products.
* Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
* Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System policies and procedures.
* Regular and reliable attendance.
* Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time.
* Ability to sit for an extended period.
* Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
* Ability to constantly move about to coordinate work.
* Ability to travel (by land and air), both domestically and internationally. Ability to travel via automobile, airplane or other mode of commuter transportation approximately 60% of the time.
* Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, etc. face-to-face, via the telephone or by email.
* Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
* Bachelor's Degree in life sciences.
* 8+ years of industry experience in healthcare or medical technology fields with Medical Affairs or similar industry experience.
* Demonstrated track record of leading and managing field-based medical affairs personnel.
* Demonstrate excellent English written and oral communication skills, as well as effective formal presentation skills.
* Ability to work well independently, and manage time effectively.
* Strong attention to detail with a focus on producing high quality work.
* Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
* Must be willing to travel at least 70% within the United States, as needed.
* Possession of a valid driver's license, no more than two moving violations in the past 36 months, and no unresolved license revocation or suspension issues.
* Maintenance of automobile insurance to satisfy any applicable state or local requirements with liability limits of at least $250,000 per person, $500,000 per accident, and $100,000 in property damage per accident (250/500/100).
* Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
* Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
* Master's degree, MPH or MPA or MS; PhD or PharmD.
* Experience in public health, population health management, health insurance, and medical quality.
* Experience with screening and wellness programs is strongly desired.
* An in-depth knowledge of the health care market as well as experience with clinical trials is a plus.
* Experience with working with and/or for advocacy groups and professional societies.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company's affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Associated topics: microbiology, mlt, pathology, surgical technologist, technician ii, technician iii, technician iv, technician lab, technician laboratory, technologist
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...