- ENCOMPASS HEALTH
- $59,200.00 -78,460.00/year*
Healthcare - Allied Health
316 Mountain Ave
Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Altoona (formerly HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Altoona) is an 80-bed acute rehabilitation hospital that provides comprehensive Inpatient and Outpatient rehabilitation. We offer a wide base of physical rehabilitative care for orthopedic, neurologic, multi-trauma, spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, pulmonary and cardiac rehabilitation needs.
Our hospital has a full complement of Therapists, Nurses, Neuropsychologists and Medical staff to offer the best possible outcomes for our patients. With an average length of stay of approximately 2 weeks, we have the ability to get to know our patients and their families.
We are proud of the fact that about 80% of the patients admitted to Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Altoona are discharged directly to their homes.
Come see how we are changing people's lives- everyday. Maybe you can too!
Six JCAHO disease specific certification: Stroke, Spinal Cord Injury, Brain Injury, Cardiac and Ortho Rehab, Advanced Diabetes.
Same great care, different name.
The Respiratory Therapist provides respiratory therapy treatment and patient care according to hospital, state, professional and federal regulations and guidelines. In additions, the position creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by providing patient centered care and treatment in a safe manner.
Job Code: 100135
License or Certification:
* Current State License in Respiratory Therapy.
* CPR certification
* ACLS certification preferred.
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
* 2 years hospital experience in Respiratory Therapy preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
* General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
* Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
* Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
* Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
* Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment
Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
* Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
* Ability to work independently without supervision.
* Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
* Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
* Handicapped accessible.
* May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
* Meets established attendance standards.
* Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
* May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
* May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
* Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
* May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
* May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Address: 2005 Valley View Blvd, Altoona 16602
Job ID: 1919067
Contact Name - External: Christine Filer
Contact Email - External: ...@encompasshealth.com
Associated topics: aso, crt, resp, respiratory, respiratory care, respiratory therapist, rrt, therapist
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...