The Manager, Health Care Consulting will work closely with the CEO, Vice Presidents and Executive Vice Presidents of Consulting to manage and support consulting engagements and business development opportunities. The Manager, Health Care Consulting must be willing to travel up to 80% of the time, and must be able to effectively manage major engagements, business development projects and team members while maintaining excellent client rapport and developing value-add content to support client engagements. In addition, the Manager, Health Care Consulting will work closely with peers and leadership to support and lead various internal initiatives to contribute to the ongoing success and development of the firm as a whole. The successful candidate must have in-depth knowledge of the health care environment and market issues at the federal, state and local level.
* Support all aspects of consulting engagements, contracts and projects from scope definition to delivery, assuming responsibility for contract deliverables, project resourcing and budget management * Responsible for oversight of multiple workstreams and/or all account workstreams, depending on scale. Responsible for ensuring project management and workstreams fulfill contractual and client expectation * Actively manage consulting engagement(s), including supporting targeted sales strategies within strategic accounts to ensure the firm meets revenue and new business targets * Pitch new, expanded, or major improvements to a service line as needed * Build relationships with key executives and staff to ensure the success of the engagement(s), including maintenance of engagement through communication and project management/coordination to meet clients' needs and exceed expectations * Develop, update and disseminate knowledge documents related to areas of expertise * Lead teams in execution one or more organizational initiatives to improve or develop targeted processes, systems or resources as part of ongoing internal infrastructure building and continuous quality improvement in response to strategic objectives, client and internal team member feedback * Directly address and resolve operational risks with client peers; elevate strategic/political risks to account leadership. Drive after-action report outs and project close-out process * Manage day-to-day work of teams; assign, prioritize and troubleshoot issues that impact team morale and performance. Motivate and engage internal team members at all levels; able to identify and grow talent within the firm * Ensures team retention through active identification of team talents and interests, future growth paths for each team member, and active succession planning * Maintain deep understanding of our firm's service lines/offerings and differentiating factors with regards to main competitors. Build tools for service line or technical area of expertise. Share expertise through trainings/discussions with our team, and content creation * Engage in the development of marketing materials (case studies, articles, white papers) and participate in industry or client panels, webinars or forums to demonstrate and feature our expertise and credibility in a given knowledge area or service line * Represent the company, and client(s) as appropriate, at various professional networking, public relations and business development events * Achieve assigned revenue target for Manager level, through a combination of new and expanded business * Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations and ethical standards, as well as COPE Health Solutions employee expectations * Must be able to travel to support business opportunities in our target markets nationwide
* At least 5 years of consulting experience * Must have a master's degree (MBA, MPH, MHA or similar degree) * A strong understanding of the health care industry and its current trajectory * Prior experience in at least two of the following areas strongly preferred:
* Experience in building networks for payors, Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), Independent Practice Associations (IPAs) and health systems * Experience with Managed Care Organizations and familiarity with developing and implementing Value Based Payment strategies * Development of provider criteria, performance management and incentives * Deep experience in Medicaid/Medicare policies and programs * Understanding of regulatory requirements for network adequacy, narrow networks and referrals management * Development of contracting and financial models for voluntary and employed physicians
* Development of physician compensation plans, incentive structures and benchmarking
* Experience with IPAs, ACOs, MSOs, or clinically integrated health systems * Experience with risk based payors and provider contracting * Prior experience in assessing health systems and programs to identify service gaps related to technology, data, resource utilization, and care interventions * Experience guiding value-based care transformation planning and implementation * Familiarity with the principles of population health management * Previous experience in clinical care management or social work practice OR strong understanding the clinical aspects of care management
* RN/Nursing background preferred * Experience in strategy and implementation of population health, clinical redesign and practice transformation for primary care and specialty care * Experience with IPAs, ACOs or population health vendors that have done implementations of clinical redesigns
* Previous clinical experience OR experience managing populations with high behavioral health needs (e.g. mental health, substance use, pain management, etc.) * Experience with IDD, LTSS, and HCBS levels of care * Experience with the development and operation of behavioral health programs * Familiarity with innovative care models and trends related to behavioral health * Familiarity with Medicaid Managed Care and Medicaid Advantage * Strong customer drive and dedication to quality and success * Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to share and synthesize knowledge * Strong problem-solving, analytical and quantitative skills * Ability to provide timely and effective feedback to project staff and team members * Able to work collaboratively and effectively while handling multiple projects on various timelines in an extremely fast-paced environment * Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as necessary
As a firm passionate about health care, we're deeply committed to the health and wellness of our own team members. We offer comprehensive, affordable insurance plans for our team and their families, and a host of other unique benefits, such as a yearly stipend for wellness-related activities, no cost gym memberships and a paid parental leave program. You can learn more about our benefits offerings here:
What We Do:
COPE Health Solutions is a national mission-driven consulting firm that partners with health system and payor clients and provides them with the tools, services and advice they need to be leaders in the health care industry. We are passionate about health care, with roots as a non-profit organization dedicated to providing health education to the underprivileged and underinsured. Today, we are the partner of choice for providers and payors across the United States who are committed to success in the new value-based payment environment. We also develop the diverse talent needed to fill future health care roles.
COPE Health Solutions maintains corporate offices in downtown Los Angeles and midtown Manhattan with teams across the country in major markets including Texas, the Northwest, Florida and the Northeast. Our firm currently has over 100 employees partnering with health systems and health plans across several states and enrolls over 4,000 students annually in our educational programs, with a growing national and global presence. COPE Health Solutions has a proven track record in all aspects of strategy, population health management, Medicare/Medicaid transformation and workforce training across the continuum.
To apply for this position or for more information about COPE Health Solutions, visit us at