Children's Specialized Hospital is the nation's leading provider of inpatient and outpatient care for children from birth to 21 years of age facing special health challenges - from chronic illnesses and complex physical disabilities like brain and spinal cord injuries, to developmental and behavioral issues like autism and mental health. At 13 different New Jersey locations, our pediatric specialists partner with families to make our many innovative therapies and medical treatments more personalized and effective...so children can achieve more of their goals.
Evaluate, treat, and care for patients with breathing or other cardiopulmonary disorders.
Essential Job Functions
* Demonstrates evidence of use of the Respiratory Therapy within time frames defined by the hospital and departmental policy. Recognizes and accurately identifies obvious patient and family health care needs. * Plans, implements and evaluates plans of care for patients with a variety of problems. Begins to understand and implement pediatric rehabilitative rationales. * Implements appropriate and individualized patient and family education within time frames defined by hospital and departmental policies. Begins planning patient and family education. * Understands the importance of interdisciplinary process. Begins to establish his/her role as a rehab Therapist functioning in a team structure. Promotes continuity of respiratory care and interdisciplinary interventions. * Demonstrates evidence of the ISTAT blood analysis system and follows all policies and procedures relative to the laboratory. * Recognizes and respects patient/family rights in a culturally and religiously sensitive environment of care. Requirements Certification * Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT). AHA BLS Provider Certification required.
* NJ State License required
Education and Experience - Additional Comments
* Bachelors of Science degree preferred, Must be a graduate of a Joint Review Committee for Respiratory Therapy Education approved program of respiratory care, and a registered respiratory therapist from the National Board of Respiratory Care. Less than 2 years of experience is appropriate at this level.
Job Provides Direction To
prior experience with pediatric patients on mechanical ventilation and tracheostomies required
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. * Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here. * The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Associated topics: cell, germ, medicine, mental, neurology, physician, professor health, respiratory, school of medicine, therapy
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.